Arctic Fox updater not working. Help please asap

Discussion in 'Issues' started by StayVapin, Jun 22, 2019.

1. StayVapin

StayVapin New Member

Hey guys
    Recently switched from Joyetech frimware to Arctic Fox. LOVE IT. So much better and awesome control.

Today im having an issue i cant seem to fix. I plugged my device into the my PC and clicked Firmware Updater for Arctic Fox. It says " An exception occured during dataflash reading. Operation timed out".
    I cant for the life of me get the program to read my battery.
    Device: Cuboid Mini
    Firmware: Arctic Fox v190602
    PC: Win 10
    Im having trouble even getting Joyetechs original firmware back on the device. Joyetech v3 (oldest version i could find) says it cant read the device or just times out while trying to read it. Ive tried the reset button on the battery itself, didnt work. Tried to get previous versions of Joyetech frimware, didnt work.
    I cant take the battery out of my mod since its not a removable one.
    Any ideas guys? Im dyin to vape.....

2. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    As always: restart NToolbox, reconnect the box, start the box in Safe Mode (Products Manual, p. 7.3).
    Don't forget hold "+" button while resetting the box to enter Safe Mode.

3. StayVapin

StayVapin New Member

Hold the + while pressing the reset with paper clip? Do i hold them for a set time? Do this while device on or off?
    How will i know its in safe mode?

4. StayVapin

StayVapin New Member

Oh man, you're awesome! That did the trick! Thanks a MILLION!!

5. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Yep. Press and hold "+", click Reset button with clip, release "+".
    Firmware Updater will detect your box with firmware version 0.00.

6. StayVapin

StayVapin New Member

Having one other issue now.
    I click Arctic Fox Configuration and it says "Unable to download device settings". I want to mess with all the settings, but cant seem to get it to detect my device.

Edit:Got past that part. Now its saying " Connect Device with Arctic Fox [p12] 190602 firmware or newer"
    Im on 190602 frimware now....

EDIT:: Back to saying unable to download device settings. Even in safe mode. v190602 and still says unable to download device settings.

#6 StayVapin, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  7. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

8. StayVapin

StayVapin New Member

9. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Yes. Try to reflash 190602, reset dataflash, reconnect device, restart NToolbox. Looks like USB glitch, but can not say whats wrong exactly.

10. StayVapin

StayVapin New Member

Did all the above mentioned. Same issue persists. With the way its set up now (default), its doing all kinds of weird stuff. Wont let me change/add/remove profiles, cant get the "C" for Curve to go away, it wont auto switch profiles between different atomizers. Been at this all day. May just give it a break for a while.
    I was actually using a different computer when i initially installed AF on my Cuboid. Everything went smooth on that computer and no issues using AF interface through PC. I suppose it could be a USB port issue. Only thing my port is saying is its charging (HID).
    Im going to try to get back to the other computer later, but its located 3 towns away ( an hour drive) where i was working.
    Again, thanks for all your help. If you have any other ideas, feel free to let me know. Itll be at LEAST 3 hours before i can make the drive.\

Also getting error: Atomizer Low /L/. Meaning resistance dropping below .05 during the puff....not sure wtf. It doesnt say that anymore when i press reset button and it allows me to smoke again. Also, theres wording on the top that says " SOFT" that was never there before.
    Im reading the manual as i type this, im just not udnerstanding what im doin wrong here.

#10 StayVapin, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  11. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

All strange things you mentioned are points to ROM and/or dataflash area corruption. It is desirable to force rewrite them both: disconnect the box from PC, restart NToolbox, start box in Safe Mode then connect it to PC. Flash OEM firmware or previous [P11] bin, disconnect box, restart it (without holding "+" button this time, just click Reset with clip), connect to PC and flash [P12] bin.

12. StayVapin

StayVapin New Member

I was finally able to get to the computer last night and got the mod working perfectly again. Other computer has no issues recognizing it, but mine refuses. I'm guessing it's a USB detection issue that I'll have to work out later on.
    Anyways, thanks for your help!

maelstrom2001 likes this.
  13. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Did you use USB 3.0 port?

14. StayVapin

StayVapin New Member

My computer has USB 3.0 front and back. The work computer has 2.0.
    I was reading it wont work on USB 3.0, but I was also seeing people saying it works fine on theirs.

15. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Yep, USB 3.0 is a kind of lottery, sad but true. Anyway, glad that you've sorted out this issue and thanks for info :)

16. Mo010000

Mo010000 New Member

I got different problem after updating firmware for my rx gen3 USB NOT WORKING AT ALL FOR CHARGE OR EVEN FOR CONNECTING DEVICE TO COMPUTER

17. Mo010000

Mo010000 New Member

My rx gen3 usb not working after updating astic fox firmware I cannot charge it or even connect it again to computer