Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'macOS / Linux' started by Hobbyquaker, Jul 13, 2017.
That was Ubuntu 17.04 actually. :-D
Hi and thanks for good and useful program.
1. arcticfox-config shows incorrect value of preheat when we use "relative % type" - for example if we put 120% which means +20% to existing it makes a 20W preheat; in windoz version everything is OK; if we make it 120% in win version, then in linux version it shows 20% instead of 120
2. when installing from rpm in opensuse leap 42.3 we have the error "nothing provides libappindicator", if we ignore it it installs, but reports "this packadge needs libqdialogsolver" (these libraries are installed in system, of course)... anyway everything works fine and ldd shows no errors
same things happen and with arcticfox-monitor.
3. there are differencies between windoz and linux versions - some values are missing in linux one (cannot point which ones - I have no windows here, but I had to use win version to change them...
Anyway, these are very nice progs and monitor even looks better that win one, though is not so informative
System: Leap 42.3
ArcticFox Config 1.11.8
E-sigs: eVic Primo Mini, eVic Primo 2.0, Eleaf iStick Pico 75W
Will try to find time to fix this on the next weekend.
Yes, I'm aware of that problem. Have to investigate further, libappindicator seems to be added as dependency by the electron-builder, but that is (if I don't misunderstand that) not necessary. Will try to fix that asap too.
Hi, thanks for the wonderful job. I have only one problem - always after the upload settings I change the time on my device to the time I connected the device.
Yes! I have the same, just found out yesterday.
No need to say, that in win-version all is OK?
A Java Script Error occurred in the main process
at Timeout.timeout.setTimeout [as _onTimeout] (/Applications/Arcticfox Config.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/arcticfox/index.js:1171:26)
at ontimeout (timers.js:475:11)
at tryOnTimeout (timers.js:310:5)
at Timer.listOnTimeout (timers.js:270:5)
Any Idea what could be causing this?
Hey guys! Hobbyquaker, thanks for your efforts! However now I get and error message regarding arcticfox config being outdated. I have the fw version 190624. Config version v1.11.10
It's P12 which doesn't seem to be backwards compatible with config tools using P11 (PXX means Protocol version XX).
Looks like someone has to implement an alternative tool for it first.
New headache - everything stopped working
(arcticfox-monitor:6476): Pango-ERROR **: 13:28:34.304: Harfbuzz version too old (1.4.2)
so what's the heck???
I think you should consider updating packages in your system, then NPM and every Node.js package, then rebuilding the project again.
At least, this is what I would do myself in this situation, regarding the error message.
Thanks for reply Don't feel myself capable of maintaing this project. F.T.S.
Oh, I'm glad Node.js is not even installed on my computer any more.
I was curious if I can with my zero experience try and port this JS thing into something more compact and yet functional. After fiddling a bit with it, I abandoned my attempts, and soon they released NFE Tools && ArcticFox @P12, so this tool is obsolete for sure.
Moreover, since we'll never see the source code and the developers don't seem to release any specs for the Nuvoton version protocol, it's dead, Jim.
Wait a minute! What do you mean - is there any possible way to run NFE Tools correctly under Linux? Did I miss something?
I'm not sure what you mean by saying «way to run NFE Tools correctly under Linux», since a) NFE Tools project doesn't offer you anything other than a MS Windows application, and b) this thread was dedicated to discussing Node.js-based arcticfox-config tool specifically made for MacOS and GNU/Linux users.
Last time I tried this tool it was somewhat working, wasn't offering the full feature set compared to the official app, and had some other flaws.
If you intend to make it support AF protocol version 11 completely, you also may need to have NFE Tools for P11, AF using P11, and Wireshark (or some other USB packet capturing tool) installed to inspect the data exchange between them.
Anyway, if there's anyone who wants to play around, it can also help us with creating a tool to support also P12 and, more importantly, implement firmware upgrade/downgrade, I'd say.