Control over charging

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Hascat, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Hascat

Hascat New Member

Hi -

Apologies, this is a bit of a noob question… Does the firmware have any control over battery charging, or is it hardware controlled?

I notice that some mods seem to stop charging at < 4.2 volts, which is a good thing (as far as I'm concerned). A really nice option would be user settable charge termination voltage (e.g. 4.1 volts).

Thanks!

2. SEEKNDESTROY

SEEKNDESTROY Member

Which mod do you have?

I suggest Investing in an external charger if you have a mod that uses 18650, 21700, 20700 or 26650 batteries. Not only will you get a more consistent charge but you can also have batteries charged and ready to go. I have 3 sets of married batteries in rotation. 'Married' means, the batteries are the same brand, model, never separated and used in other mods, and purchases the same day from the same store or website.

Hascat likes this.
  3. Hascat

Hascat New Member

Hi

I use an external charger for my 18650 based mods (eg Pico, vtwo mini), but I like the idea of capping the termination voltage. Seeing as it's sometimes possible to set the lower cutoff, why not the upper? It's nicer to the batteries.

External chargers that do this tend to be pricey and/or bulky. Maybe that's the clue I missed!

Thanks for your reply.