[Done] Fundraising to support Wismec Luxotic MF

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by gimbleguy, Aug 25, 2018.

1. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Fixed +/- buttons swap in menus: 181101

Fabio785, Radaz and slavyk like this.
  2. Radaz

Radaz New Member

Ciao Halestrom, I have some question for you

I will load AF on my MF box tomorrow, in case of any problem, did you have a procedure to reload the proprietary firmware?

Did MF box have a RTC control? (to mantain clock as example)

Wath about the different manage of 20700/21700/dual 18650? Is the same manage of integrated Avatar circuit? Did AF have some different algorithm to manage dual battery? (this because I noticed tath single 18650 is more precise and durable than dual 18650, as example, 12 ml with one battery, 18 ml with two batteries, cells are VTC6, married to the MF box)

thank you, and thanks for your work

3. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    Wismec did not published official firmware yet, so we have nothing to return to. At this moment it is a trust fall :D
    [​IMG]

MCU have common LDROM with Safe Mode support, so we should not encounter any problem. Again, we have a hardware, and any bug you found will be fixed.

Partially, software RTC mode is implemented in usual way (LIRC / LSL modes).
    There are at least 2 missed components on PCB:
    [​IMG]
    These are parts of the complete hardware RTC support with power backup, so probably PCB is hardware-ready.
    We will do some experiments later and add instructions on how to implement this full support (LXT mode), if you're interested.

There is nothing new about, it all depends on the battery profile settings in AF configuration.

Radaz likes this.
  4. Fabio785

Fabio785 New Member

GREAT!
    can we use the .bin file you posted right away in NFE?

Thanks a lot!

5. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    You can flash the recent nightly 181101 with recent released NToolbox.

gimbleguy and Fabio785 like this.
  6. Fabio785

Fabio785 New Member

Yay! just uploaded it sorry it was my first flash mod! XD
    AF looks great on the MF!
    thanks for the work Malestrom is really appreciated!
    now i'm really consuming the buttons on this mod ;)

edit: finally i can dim the display and also the erogation or power is more instant on the button like this is great!

#26 Fabio785, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    maelstrom2001 likes this.
  7. gimbleguy

gimbleguy New Member

thank you

8. gimbleguy

gimbleguy New Member

I managed to get some time to do some testing. I'm using dual coils in Temp Control Stainless Steel 420F. I find the ramp up to be a bit slow, any chance of increasing that to be a bit quicker please?

9. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!

It seems that you have to slightly increase a power. I know that monitoring the MF is tricky and can not ask for Device Monitor data, so please provide more details about coils and profile settings.

10. gimbleguy

gimbleguy New Member

I increased the Power that worked thank you

11. Stasyan

Stasyan New Member

Good day to all, please tell me if it is possible to do something so that the board does not reduce the installed power on the mode as the battery discharges

12. ReikoKitsune

ReikoKitsune Developer
    NFE Team

You may break physics laws ^_^

13. HydrAxx

HydrAxx New Member

Hi, I wanted to know one thing, if I understood correctly and observed the product sheet of the Luxotic MF mod on the site of Wismec, when one configures it in 2 batteries of type 18650, their connection is done in parallel and not in series ? So we can hope for a long configuration dual autonomy 18650 in parallel and especially a doubled maximum discharge output (Amps max of each battery multiplied by 2)? Or am I totally wrong and their connection is in series?

14. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    That's right, connection in parallel with independent reverse polarity protection circuits, I think it is similar to Eleaf iStick 100W TC.

HydrAxx likes this.
  15. HydrAxx

HydrAxx New Member

Ok, it's great finally a box with parallel battery mounting series, really great for autonomy on power ranges not too high (less than 75 Watts)

But level management and display of voltages and battery gauges interface, it poses no problem to the firmware whether the original or your (arcticfox)? Because Eleaf/Joyetech/Wismec boxes (apart from the one you just mentioned) have always been mods mounted in series.

16. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

This PCB, like the TC100W, have only 1 ADC channel for measuring battery voltage, and due to parallel connection both batteries will have the same voltage. You can use this box with 1 battery installed in any slot, or with 2 batteries, but they should be "married". For example, 2x2500 mAh cells will be shown and act like single 5000 mAh. Everything is as usual and no problems at all.
    And yes,
    it is even possible that efficiency and autonomy will be higher than have "usual" dual battery boxes with serial connection.

HydrAxx likes this.
  17. placo

placo New Member

tank's perfect in tc equal to p80 and my DNA75c

18. toelpl

toelpl New Member

Hi, do I have to dismantle the box to flash an AF? On pics there is no visible port...? Thx.
    Edit: aaah, silly me; I've just watched DJLSB video and it looks like a piece of cake.

#38 toelpl, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  19. Danol95

Danol95 New Member

So can I get a short how-to please? Just got the mod itself today and don’t want to ruin the board at its first day :D
    Is it as simple as taking the board out, connecting to usb and the same procedure as with other devices or is there a different method?