[Done] Fundraising to support Wismec Luxotic MF

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by gimbleguy, Aug 25, 2018.

1. sedoco

sedoco New Member

in fact the first time I connected the device in safe mode turned on the screen and in this occasion although I recognized it and allowed the flash never turned on the screen.

2. sedoco

sedoco New Member

following the steps, 1 ok 2 ok, 3 ok, (with "-") 4 ok but the display does not start at any time. I do not know if sgignifica something but the first time install 180913 and now if I want to install it says it is incompatible and in hardware it indicates 1.00 no 1.10. Thank you

3. sedoco

sedoco New Member

but with what would be the "+" button does not work the pc recognizes it with the other

4. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Your HW should be 1.00, it's OK.
    This build have no Luxotic MF support, flash af_19xxxx.bin from nightly section.
    Check display flex cable, it may be damaged easily while manipulating with PCB.
    [​IMG]

5. sedoco

sedoco New Member

check and I did not find any problem in the flex, in fact it does not work the fire button with the atomizer

6. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Sorry, I do not understand. You wrote that display is not working. How does the Fire button and the atomizer relate to this?
    Is display working when the PCB is removed out from the box and connected to PC?

7. sedoco

sedoco New Member

the screen does not work at any time, I mean that if the computer was turned on beyond the screen pressing the fire button does absolutely nothing. What strikes me is that in order for the pc to recognize the pcb I must press the button and immediately the loading of the firmware ends, the pc returns to show the communication error, even after it is working it is suddenly turned off without touching anything or removing Battery

8. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Did I understand correctly, that PCB detected by PC only in Safe Mode? If you trying to connect to PC without holding buttons, it is not detected at all?
    When you connect PCB to PC without holding button, in usual way, PCB should start and display should work if Boot Mode is APROM.
    If the display does not turn on, it is the cause of the fault: display is not used in Safe Mode, and faulty display does not allow to boot PCB in normal mode. That's why I ask you to check its cable, it may be damaged while removing screw near it.

9. sedoco

sedoco New Member

I understood perfectly, it is what is happening, I will review better but I do not see any damage, on previous occasions in safe mode I turned on the display now there is no way or one way or another.

10. sedoco

sedoco New Member

what caught my attention was how it all happened, first install the 18.0000 and had variation of power to press the fire button, but only that the rest without problems, then install the 19,000 of this ilo and solved the problem until in a moment the firing is activated, tetire the battery and did not restart, then with your help install the new version in safe mode and being in perfect operation suddenly turned off is why I'm sure that is not the display. I'll keep on watching just in case. Thank you for your predisposition if you can think of something else to try here. regards

11. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Well, let's check display port.
    Download, unzip and flash from Safe Mode this firmware. This is fully functional build with completely disabled display port.
    After flashing, display will stay off, but PCB should boot normal:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Open Screenshooter and press "Start broadcast":
    [​IMG]
    If picture stays black, click Fire button to wake up the screen.
    So, if PCB with this firmware will start in normal mode and broadcast screen to NToolbox, the problem with your PCB is definitely in display module or/and display port.

Attached Files:

12. sedoco

sedoco New Member

ok with this firmware everything you mention seems to work correctly, will it be possible that the screen is damaged? Is there any solution to this problem? Thank you so much for your help.

13. sedoco

sedoco New Member

Should the screen be healthy with this firmware, should it turn on?

14. sedoco

sedoco New Member

Could you configure it from the PC in bypass mode so that it is not unusable?

15. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Yep, display on your PCB is dead for some reason. And that's why the PCB won't start with regular firmware. Clean both sides of PCB with isopropyl alcohol, check soldering and display flex cable. If you don’t find anything strange, it looks like you’ll have to replace the display.
    Attached firmware (nd_190526.bin) works without display. Healthy display will not turn on with this firmware, you have to flash regular af_19xxxx.bin.
    Bypass mode is not implemented in ArcticFox. If you want, you can configure one profile with desirable power and lock +/- buttons with Configurator to use this board at constant wattage output.

16. sedoco

sedoco New Member

excellent one more query to leave it in a fixed profile would use this firmware, correct? thanks once more.

17. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

For example, use attached config. Download, unzip, open it in Configurator, set desired wattage (it set to 20W by default) and upload it to PCB. Press + and - buttons to lock wattage, wait for 10 seconds, and then you can disconnect board, install it to box and use as constant wattage output PCB.

Attached Files:

• def.zip
      File size:
      8.8 KB
      Views:
  18. sedoco

sedoco New Member

Is this firmware different from the last one installed? the configuration of wataje would be in the profile and I enable only the correct p1? Is there no way to set a bypass mode?

19. sedoco

sedoco New Member

another question, although the original firmware is not available, please request it today from wismec, download the del luxotic df but trying to load it does not allow it because it does not recognize the device, is there any way to load it to recover the bypass mode? regards

20. sedoco

sedoco New Member

hello my friend first thank once again your help and predisposition, at this time this is working I think the problem is probably damp, I want to do some queries that firmware would be the most recommended to leave installed on this computer and pir other side there is a way to modify the click, since sometimes it does not respond to the functions and directly triggers the atomizer. thanks and regards