DOVPO ODIN 100

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tim_buktu, Sep 11, 2021.

1. tim_buktu

tim_buktu Member

Hello,
    does anybody know what chipset it consists of?

Could this be the QUEST chipset too?

2. tim_buktu

tim_buktu Member

uups, can we move this into "Arctic Fox Project"
    sorry for the missplacing

3. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

According to reviews, there is a bit faster MCU than STM32F072, so...
    Excuse me for offtop, here is another interesting mod: Hellvape Arez 120W. I watched the review by @copyman, and it would be interesting to read a few words from him about MCU and the possibility to flash it via USB (in case of our favourite F072).

tim_buktu likes this.
  4. tim_buktu

tim_buktu Member

okay, but what about the ODIN would this be a candidate for modification to AF?

5. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

As I said earlier, I doubt that it is built on F072, so probably no.
    Once again for all :)
    "Chipset" name does not matter. MCU type is critical. The manufacturers invents the names of their "chipsets" according to the wishes of their left heels. We support Avatar, Quest, Vandy Chip, OmniBoard, HM Chip... But it's just a bunch of letters.
    What all these have in common is these - the MCU. We have the universal solution for STM32F072, and in whatever chipset it is used, there is no difference. Another MCU means developing the firmware almost from scratch due to the architecture nuances, while there is neither time nor desire for this.
    Quest is the trademark of the Lost Vape, how Dovpo can use it? :)

#5 maelstrom2001, Sep 12, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    tim_buktu likes this.
  6. tim_buktu

tim_buktu Member

Thank you :)
    I cannot see through this jungle clearly, any more. :confused: This insider knowledge is hard to figure out and not printed anywhere.
    I thought that, if the DNA and Quest "chipset" fit into the GRUS and maybe Ursa, too?), there could be some other devices (like ODIN 100) to be similar. Who knows how all these chinese companies glue together? (JWEI: Wimec, Joyetech...)
    I'm asking myself: How can Lost Vape use the DNAxx as trademark of evolv in their devices?
    This may be explained by that they don't build any(?) own devices? Except that ugly "Reference Mod", of course.

What about a database that carries all the details about MCU, ect?
    I would appreciate to have an overview about what is (or will be) interesting to buy.
    You could build it like a kind of wishlist and we all should think about on how we can support you better...

And: yes, the Hellvape Arez 120W looks interesting, too :D