Dual Battery in Presa 100wTC

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Repson, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Repson

Repson New Member

HI :D it's my first post over here, but I'm watching forum for a long time, so...
    There is my idea, Iv'e got Presa 100w chip (case is destroyed), since I lost my 26650 battery, and case for 18650 battery, I decided to use 2x 20700battery (iJoy brand, connected in series) BUT:
    The first problem was "Atomizer short /A/", I simply fixed it by setting the "Internal Resistance" to my coil resistance, it works
    The second problem is that, I cannot set output wattage higher than 75W, I tried to set "Shunt Correction" to 115% and the best I can do now is set wattage to 87,5W.

I would be really happy to have possibility to set about 115W, at least this 100W what original software giving me.
    The best results would be with bypass mode of course, but I already know that ArcticFox supports a lot of devices and some of them don't support bypass mode.

You know all the story, so my final question is: is there any possibility to set output wattage to more than 87,5W? Is 100W is limit by chip it self, or just firmware? I really don't know what I should do, but if everything will go fine, then I could start with wooden body :)

2. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    Coil resistance should be from 0,16 Ohm (100 W @ 25 A) to 0,81 Ohm (100 W @ 9 V).

3. Repson

Repson New Member

Ok, got it :D but I cannot go higher than 100W anyway?
    My other idea is, can I "cheat" device, to shows as other one? I mean other one with 2 batteries and higher output wattage and most similar chip?

btw. I didn't expect that fast response, thank you for interests :D

4. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Yes, the manufacturer set max. output power to 100 Watts. May be, the hardware will allow to raise it up to 120 W (limit for iStick 100, similar hardware probably, 2 batteries in parallel), but... it is not for release builds and common hardware.

5. Repson

Repson New Member

Do you thing I should use 2x in parallel instead of connecting them in series?
    I'm not sure that this will change anything. But actually I reached my goal, I set wattage to 100W.
    It's such a lost, that there isn't use bypass mode, that would be perfect for me, anyway, thank you so much, you doing great job!

Wysłane z mojego CLT-L29 przy użyciu Tapatalka

6. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Using battery connection in parallel is safer, cause you have no proper battery monitoring when using it in series and may discharge it to critically low level. The efficiency may be lower in this case, but batteries will not be discharged below 3 volts and charging from USB still working.

7. Repson

Repson New Member

Understood. So looks like there are two solutions for me. Use presa chip with stock firmware (to have working bypass mode) OR buy another chip that was released with 2x18650 or 2x20700 batteries right from factory, but with higher wattage output, and then flash it with ArcticFox firmware.
    For me I would go for the second one, even if I have to spend some more money for it, ArcticFox worth it.
    But the question is, which one should I choose?
    I usually running on dual coil 0.1 - 0.13 Ohm
    Most cheap in price, and most durable if you know what I mean

8. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Joyetech Cuboid 200, Wismec RX200, Eleaf iStick 200 (currently no 2 batteries mode, but it is not problem), iKonn 220, Invoke. RX200S and 2/3 are cheap, but has common issue with dead displays.

9. Repson

Repson New Member

All of them has issue with dead displays? Damn ;/

But actually why is that? Cheap quality of screen by itself? Is it possible to prevent that?

#9 Repson, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  10. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

RX2/3 - very often, RX200S - a little less, but quite often too. Those listed in the first sentence are quite good: either old boards, or small displays.
    Problems can be due to poor quality of displays itself, and other elements as well. For example, at first glance, proven good solutions were implemented in Predator and Joyetech Primo (v1 / v2), but we've already seen enough dead displays, and it all began with 200S and 2/3.

11. Repson

Repson New Member

Alright man! Thank you so much for your comprehensive reply :D now all I have to do is make a little research, and find a "organ donor" :D thank you again!

Before we finish here... :D
    I can see that the biggest screen has Invoke and RX200, or you meant RX200 with this tiny screen?

#11 Repson, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  12. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

and Cuboid 200, with 3 batteries.
    Yep, the first Reuleaux, with 96x16 display.

13. Repson

Repson New Member

So now I'm little bit confused I mean, I would go for Invoke, because of big screen, but I don't know why, but more I'm trust in Wismec, damn.
    Cuboid is also good, but it's gonna be quite difficult to set the electronic in the new body, that's why I'm have to chose between Invoke and RX200 :v

14. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

I'm not insisting on anything, but statistics argues in favour of Eleaf, sorry :D As to electronics quality, Eleaf is more reliable and durable than others, strangely enough, despite to lower price. I draw the conclusion on observations only, reading forums etc., cause have no one dead JWEI box so far. Actually, it is a lottery.

15. Repson

Repson New Member

I'm trust you, so I'll go for Invoke :D but to be honest I know that this is lottery, let's try that :) thank you again :)

maelstrom2001 likes this.