Eleaf Aster

Discussion in 'Issues' started by koter84, Nov 21, 2020.

1. koter84

koter84 New Member

First of all, thanks a lot for this amazing firmware!
    I bought the Eleaf Aster just so i could use it, and so far it's great, i LOVE that when you switch atomizers the correct profile is activeted without doing anything. And all the options in the toolbox app are wonderful for customizing just about everything!
    Amazing that an $20,- device can feel like a $100,- one with this firmware!

I did however find one minor issue, which i hope could be an easy fix.

Device name: Eleaf Aster (75W 18650)
    Device hardware version: ?
    ArcticFox version: 190624

I flipped the screen, so the fire button is on the left side of the screen.
    When in the menu (for instance switching profile) the + button is used for going to the right/next item, and the - button is used for going left/previous item.
    So when PROFILE2 is selected i would expect the - button to go to PROFILE3, but this goes to PROFILE1.

Also when manually selecting a profile the option "- Keep" shows next to the + button, and the option "+ Update" shows next to the - button.

2. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    According to the logic, the button which acts like "plus" or "up" should be either at the top or at the right, "minus" or "down" - vice versa, left/bottom.
    Set in ArcticFox Configuration two options (flipped and +/- behavior) as you like:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Let me remind that if you flip display in the box (hold + and - buttons when the device is turned off), both these options changes. But in NToolbox they are independent.

3. koter84

koter84 New Member

I flipped only the screen from NToolbox, so only the screen is flipped, not the buttons.
    When if i lay it down it's, | 510, fire, +, screen, - | which is what i prefer, the button being the nearest to the fire button to be +
    If i would flip the + / - then the - button will be closest to the fire button, which feels really strange to me.

I find it hard to explain the exact problem in text, so if it is not clear after this i'll make some pictures to explain it better.
    But i feel that in the menu the device should always look at the "hardware buttons" and not at what is setup for + of - action
    Since there are arrows in the screen, but if i press the button next to the arrow i actually go the other way. Probably because i did not flip the buttons but only the screen.

4. koter84

koter84 New Member

I hope this image will make my issue more clear...
    aster_buttons.png

5. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Don't you think it's strange that in your config when you adjust power or temperature on the main screen, the left button (closer to 510) will increase power, and right (closer to USB) will decrease? :)

6. koter84

koter84 New Member

No, for me it makes perfect sense, since that button is higher/at the top of the device..

I also have a Swag II which also uses the "higher" button as +, so maybe i'm used to it because of that device. Though there the buttons are on the side of the device, and at least in my orientation under the screen. I don't know if I flipped the screen, or if that is default for the Swag II.

7. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

OK, I'll no dispute your point of view. Apparently this is a question of dominant factor: for you it's mod's body, for us - it's display.