eleaf iKuu i200 - firmware?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by pecemk, Nov 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. pecemk

pecemk New Member

Hello, I am new to the forum, I'd like to install ArcticFox on my iKuu i200,
    I have some issues with charging and discharging with original software, so
    I am looking for a fix?
    Any can help?

2. dil3mm4

dil3mm4 Active Member

https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/eleaf-ikuu-i200.1320/#post-4491
    Translating what maelstom2001 said:

Upd . support is delayed until the presence of fashion in our country. If there are more requests, we will start collecting donations for the acquisition, as was the case with iKonn 220 . The reason is still the same - hardware innovations, if a bit more: the charging module has been changed, the lowering is supported (yes, this is terribly strange, but the fact), apparently, it was done so that the box was able to go up with batteries discharged in the trash, t e. Below 5 volts in total (I recall that this mutant is a 2-cell mutant). Without preliminary tests, even the initial support options can not be laid out.
    Disclaimer is by itself, but in the end, we are still responsible for the integrity of the iron and, most importantly, the health of users.

maelstrom2001 likes this.
  3. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

@dil3mm4 thank you for translation! The same is for Sinuos FJ200 by the way.
    Since these boxes has built-in batteries, Joyetech & Co. has improve charging modules with buck-boost converters, which makes them partially incompatible with current architecture. New modules allow to charge batteries with voltages lower than 2.50 volts, and after decompiling original firmwares and moving code to AF we have to check for ourselves. This is directly related to the safety of use.

#3 maelstrom2001, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    dil3mm4 likes this.
  4. dil3mm4

dil3mm4 Active Member

@maelstrom2001 no worries, here to help when I can, as you other guys do!
    On a side note, dunno if you noticed about the change.org petition for Italy in the italian section, would be nice to have a version translated in Russian in the subforum if you're okay with that :)

5. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Information about the petition is well distributed among Russian-speaking vape community, I personally heard a call to vote in a stream of the the most popular russian Youtube channel.
    If you consider it necessary to post a translation of your message - no problem :)

6. dil3mm4

dil3mm4 Active Member

Didn't know that!
    Wow. That problem has really moved a lot of people all around the world.
    We're very grateful for the help offered.
    Really gratefull.
    It's so nice to see people collaboration even if they're not completely overwhelmed by the problem.

At this point I don't know if a translation is needed, I'll let you decide whatever you see fit.

Thanks again!

7. Hassan

Hassan New Member

hello, my box ikuu i200 does not load anymore and is no longer recognized on my computer I think it's a problem firmwire, who can help me please

8. Waynej

Waynej New Member

Guys, can you help me? A couple of days ago my i200 stopped seeing an atomizer. I do not know what to do.

9. MrFloppy85

MrFloppy85 New Member

Hey There,
    First of all, my english is quite bad. I Hope you understand what im writing :p
    @ Waynej: Change youre evaporator head and try again.
    Have you alredy tried to wiggle the plus pole from youre ikuun with a
    toothpick or something like that. It is springy an may pop a little bit out if you do that. Same at the minus of youre atomizer. Is the minus of youre atomizer springy or a screw?o_O

10. MrFloppy85

MrFloppy85 New Member

I alsow have a problem with my ikuun i200 witch i never had bevore with none of mine battery carrier. Got 5 different.
    i bought it, and vaped it for 2 days. Worked perfectly. Then i wanted to upload a new Logo. Waht happens is, that my Firmware was deletet to V 0.00:(. I tried to Upload the File "iKuu_i200_V1.01.bin". The Software tolde me "Firmware upload compleated". But its still on 0.00 and the ikuun doesnt work at all. Also pushed multiple times the reset button. Nothing :mad:
    Can someone help me out?? Any Ideas?:rolleyes:

Thanks

11. muteray

muteray New Member

[QUOTE = "MrFloppy85, post: 5951, участник: 7328"] У меня проблема с моей ikuun i200 witch, у меня никогда не было ни одного из моих мобильных носителей. Получил 5 разных.
    я купил его и выпустил его на 2 дня. Работала отлично. Затем я захотел загрузить новый логотип. Waht случается, что моя прошивка была удалена до V 0.00 :(. Я попытался загрузить файл «iKuu_i200_V1.01.bin». Программное обеспечение сообщило мне, что «загрузка встроенного ПО завершена». Но его все еще на 0,00 и ikuun вообще не работает. Также многократно нажата кнопка сброса. Ничего: Сумасшедший:
    Кто-нибудь может мне помочь ?? Есть идеи?: Закатывать глаза:

Спасибо [/ QUOTE]
    Подключить к зарядному.нажать главную кнопку и "-". мне помогло.вообще глюченное сырое устройство.

#11 muteray, Mar 3, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    Serega1942 likes this.
  12. ReikoKitsune

ReikoKitsune Developer
    NFE Team

Hello @MrFloppy85

Eleaf iKuu200 is not supported by the ArcticFox firmware, but you can try to change HW version using NToolbox - Firmware Updater.

1. Connect device to the PC;
    2. Launch NToolbox then click Firmware Updater;
    3. If you will see Boot APPROM then navigate to the "Advanced" tab;
    4. Press Change HW Version;
    5. Enter HW version that you have before it was lost and press ok;

13. ThseEdge

ThseEdge New Member

Hi MrFloppy, I just had the same issue.

When you have the iKuu i200 connected to your PC, then push the "down" button. that helped in my case...
    I tried to do the reset button, when not connected, but then it did nothing... :confused:

I have now tried it multiple times. The iKuu appears to black out if you do multiple changes to the logo... For me, it helped, when Ì pushed the down-button every time after trying another logo.

Hope it will help with yours, or maybe it will help someone else ;)

14. AgroChi

AgroChi New Member

@maelstrom2001, has there been any change on development of this? I just recently received one of these (eleaf ikuu i200) free, and would be happy to beta test, as the software pre-installed on it is, IMO, useless., but it could decent with AF.

15. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

@AgroChi, hello!
    As it stated before, some boxes with built-in battery pack (iKuu i200, Sinuous FJ200, Tessera) has modified charger. We have no one of them, so at this moment we can not provide support with full compatibility without testing it ourselves. Thanks for understanding.

16. AgroChi

AgroChi New Member

Thats a shame, I'm sure AF would work on it since I've gotten other versions of evic software to run on it. I understand what you mean about modified charger, but doesnt that just mean the software has to recognize the two lipo packs?

17. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

This charger can charge battery pack with voltage below 5 volts, it is not just boost DC-DC converter as in older boxes with replaceable batteries and for 3 cells in series, it is buck-boost, and we never work with it.
    And yes, this feature can be disabled, but if your discharge batteries down to 2,5 volts, you'll be able to charge it with OEM firmware only. Thats why we do not want to implement "partial" support. Charging with using buck circiut should be tested ourselves first for safety reasons.

18. AgroChi

AgroChi New Member

fair nuff, thanks.