Eleaf iStick Rim C is not found by Firmware Updater, Stays on "Waiting for Device"

Discussion in 'Issues' started by max2361, Nov 13, 2020.

1. max2361

max2361 New Member

I just unboxed by iStick Rim C I purchased from Divine Tribe along with the V4 atomizer. I downloaded the latest tools and firmware and connected the iStick Rim C with 2 different USB cables. It is recognized by my PC as an HID compliant device. I launch the "NToolbox.exe" file (also tried to "Run as Administrator") and select firmware updater but it never gets beyond "Waiting for Device" (I've tried three different computers; my home PC and laptop both with Win 10 and another laptop with Win 7; I've also used 2 different USB cables) . I've tried turning the battery off and on and plugging the battery in with the firmware updater already running but the battery is never found. There are no error codes, it just never proceeds past "Waiting for Device". I've tried both USB 2 & USB 3 ports on the PC's, the previous version of tools and also connected it in safe mode from page 17 of your manual with no luck. The battery is still detected as an "HID Compliant Device" but still isn't found by the firmware updater. I'm not sure what else to try so any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

3. ESnide

ESnide New Member

Hello,
    I figured I would comment on this post because I'm having the same exact issue but I think I used the correct toolbox and firmware, see attached image. Unfortunately, when I use the firmware updater it just says, "waiting for device".
    I've switched the cable 4 times and this hasn't changed anything.
    I've restarted and connected the mod in safe mode as suggested in 7.3 of user manual.
    None of this worked. Can anyone help me? Please

Attached Files: