Eleaf istick Tria 300w or istick tc200w

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Ambassadore, May 3, 2022.

1. Ambassadore

Ambassadore New Member

Which is a more reliable mod? Is it true AF only allows for 200w max, loosing 300w support for TRIA? Anyone have experience with hardware reliability of these mods? My other options are Rim C, Pico Mega, and Beyond Vape (How does AF work with the high internal resistance of 26650 batteries?)

2. widyahong

widyahong New Member

i can only answer last question, the first to affect is mod itself, if you disassembly mod you can see input capacitor in a row, higher capacitance more buffer for bad (high internal resistance) battery, the last software (majority original or articfox firmware) will keep the battery at majority 2.75 volt, so if touching 2.85 volt majority will trim the power/wattage you set, you can test with fully charge battery and firing at maximum mod you can archived, the display will tell you the realtime power output. if the battery very bad after trimming (keep touching 2.75 volt) it will protect and stop the firing.

some time at 2.75-2.85 volt its not the best power output, the power just goes heating the battery.

i think every firmware just simple trimming the power not doing mppt like solar panel charger..

but with articfox firmware you can set "battery cutout voltage" in software, and do manual calibration to get maximum power from low voltage battery..

Ambassadore likes this.
  3. Ambassadore

Ambassadore New Member

Thank you for the informative answer @widyahong.