Google Translate

Discussion in 'Forum Support' started by DonJuanGr, Sep 27, 2017.

1. DonJuanGr

DonJuanGr New Member

I didnt know where exactly to post this so bare with me, i hope this is the right place.
    Anyway, long story short, in the Russian subforun i came across a thread about RX2/3, which happens to be the mod i own, and i quickly found myself switching tabs back and forth translating Russian to English trying to understand what the guys were talking about.
    my thought was, how farfetched would it be for a Google Translate implementation on the forum?
    its something really helpful IMHO, not only for us understanding the localised subforums but for users with not so good English understanding, being able to navigate and understand better the rest of the forum with ease

thank you for your time and again sorry if i posted in the wrong place fill free to move my post if you see fit :rolleyes:

Ricardo Jimenez and dil3mm4 like this.
  2. dil3mm4

dil3mm4 Active Member

I second this, would be a neat feature.

DonJuanGr likes this.
  3. joeblowma

joeblowma Member

Don't know how much it will help, but just in case you don't know... as long as the forum is open to public viewing you can:
    -go to https://translate.google.com
    -put the page URL, like https://nfeteam.org/forum/forums/russian-forum/ in the left translate box
    -select 'russian' on the left side drop down
    -then whatever you want it translated to on the right side drop down
    -click the link presented on the right side box
    it will then translate the whole page, working links and all. I wouldn't log in to a translated page though as you are basically going through google as a proxy to translate, don't even know if it would work.

4. DonJuanGr

DonJuanGr New Member

Well I didn't know about that feature.. I'll give it a try for sure next time I'll find myself in a PC :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk