How Do Logos Work?

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Staniel, Jul 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Staniel

Staniel New Member

I downloaded the "NFE-Tools-v7.1.1" file and was able to update the firmware on my Eleaf with no issues at all using "NToolbox." I also messed with some of the settings and set up different profiles for my device - impressive!

Then I went to select a logo within NToolbox, but nothing showed up. I tried to upload the different resource packs located within the "ResourcePacks" file of the NFE-Tools-v7.1.1 download (as I assumed each one of the files within the ResourcePacks folder contained logos, but was not able to do so. I am unable to find any guides on how the whole logo feature/process works, so I was wondering if someone here could explain it to me.

I also tried to open these resource packs using 'NFirmwareEditor', by opening the app and then clicking "open," but when I select one of the resource packs such as ArcticFox, or iStick, nothing is available for me to select.

I'm just really confused at this point and wish I could find a full tutorial/manual on how to fully utilize the capabilities of this software.

2. ReikoKitsune

ReikoKitsune Developer
    NFE Team

Hello,

Everything is very simple.
    1. Connect ArcticFox powered device to the PC;
    2. Open NToolbox - ArcticFox Configuration;
    3. Go to Screen tab;
    4. Go to Logo tab;
    5. Press Select Logo File button;
    6. Choose appropriate image file (bmp, png, jpg, jpeg, gif extensions are supported);
    7. In the preview window you will now see how your logo will look at your device;
    8. If you are satisfied press Upload Logo button;

3. Staniel

Staniel New Member

Thanks for the fast reply! I really appreciate it.

So where do I get these image files from? When I press the Select Logo File button, it just brings up the pictures folder on my computer (which just has pictures that I've taken - nothing that would actually work as a logo on my iStick Pico).

Is there anywhere I can learn more about the NFirmwareEditor application? I can't really find much info regarding it (especially info that's in English).

And would you mind explaining what the resource packs folder contains? After doing some Googling, it seemed that the resource packs contained different logos that could be used. But, again, every folder within my resource packs folder contains nothing but .resplack files. When I open NFirmwareEditor and go to File>Open the popup box is automatically looking for "Firmware file" as the file type, so none of these .resplack files even show up.

I also found a website where someone had posted a screenshot of the NFirmwareEditor program and it looked like they were actually creating their own logos using the software. I'd also like to know if and how that can be done as well. From my observations, pretty much everything within this application is grayed out and inoperable. For instance: if I click the very last tab labeled "Resource Packs" there are 3 buttons at the bottom, "Preview Resource Pack," "Import Resource Pack from File," and "Reload." All of these buttons are grayed out. The first tab doesn't seem to really offer anything either - everything's grayed out. I've included screenshots just for reference.

Thanks again!

Attached Files:

4. ReikoKitsune

ReikoKitsune Developer
    NFE Team

Draw your own / download from the internet.

This is a regular "Select File Dialog". You can navigate to any folder of your choice and select desired files.

Resource Packs for the firmwares. This is not logos, this is partial or fully resource replacement of the firmware.
    Using ArcticFox firmware you don't need to use NFirmwareEditor imo.

5. Scaldyballs

Scaldyballs Member

6. FlipyTripy

FlipyTripy New Member

where could i get arctic fox logo?

7. violini

violini New Member

You can use this logo. Unpack it from archive and upload to your device.

Attached Files:

8. FlipyTripy

FlipyTripy New Member

t
    thank you