I need info on batt. profiles and how to use them.

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by CJ715, Apr 22, 2018.

1. CJ715

CJ715 New Member

I have read the manual and cannot find any info on battery profiles or how to use them.

2. Huffmybrd

Huffmybrd New Member

I've been wondering the same thing. CuZ even after i toss some freshly charged battery's into my mod they both read slightly different voltages (4.16 and 4.22). I mean it's not a huge deal for me, but just don't want it to cause any issues (uneven battery draw is my biggest concern).

3. Jerryn

Jerryn Member

Did you check your batteries with multimeter? Maybe there is actually a difference.. Are they the same age? Same batch? Did you check internal resistance? When they are uneven, as you keep vaping and they are discharging, is this difference getting bigger or staying the same? Have you checked with different set of batteries? I think battery profiles won't help you here, those profile are just to set at what voltage you want to see what percentage of battery and also minimum cut off voltage. But I think 0.06V difference is really nothing to worry about if this difference doesn't get bigger.

4. CJ715

CJ715 New Member

Where are the profiles? my problem is all I have generic and usr,usr,usr,usr. and I keep getting weak battery at full charge on LG HG2 .

5. Jerryn

Jerryn Member

I think default cutoff voltage is 3.0V, if you are getting weak battery on full charge, it either means that there is something wrong with the main board, but most likely your battery is almost dead. In this case you cannot check the voltage with multimeter, as it will show around 4.0 - 4.2V (full battery), but when it's under load (hitting fire button), the voltage will drop significantly, below the threshold and the mod will show Battery Weak. What wattage are you vaping on? Try lowering watts to about 10W, hit fire button and see if it says Battery weak now.

6. CJ715

CJ715 New Member

Battery's work just Fine in 5 other Mod.s including another Invoke. It shows weak batt. at 10w 20w 50w and 100w but stills tells me it is giving me 92w when I vape.

7. Jerryn

Jerryn Member

Do you currently have the default battery profile selected? I would recommend connecting your mod to PC, open Device monitor in NFE tools, and look at real time battery voltage as you try to vape, to see how it changes and how low it gets.

8. CJ715

CJ715 New Member

Did not see anything the first time I ran it but I will check it again in a few hours

9. Huffmybrd

Huffmybrd New Member

checked em with a multimeter and they both read the same. same batch, same age, and always used together. as i vape and they discharge they always stay within 0.02v-0.06v of each other.

butttt, i think it may be my mod tbh. because i tried tossing them into my backup rx2 21700 (ive got 2. one is my daily river and the other is honestly just collecting dust lmao) and it reads the same. and ive even tried 2x 18650s and theyre still off by 0.04v.

its not a hugeeee difference, so i dont think it should cause any issue (ive been dealing with it for 3 months not with no issues lmao)

10. Jerryn

Jerryn Member

With such a small difference and as long as the difference stays the same as you discharge them, it's totally fine, the mod will cut off as soon as one of the batteries reaches the bottom limit, so you don't need to worry about damaging them.

If this difference bothers you, I suggest reading manual for NFE here and correcting BVO
    https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/arcticfox-nfe-tools-complete-guide.957/

Look at section 7.1 for info
    and 6.4.1 for setting

11. Th3_uN1Qu3

Th3_uN1Qu3 New Member

You can rename the USR curves to anything else (4-letter max) and there are some experimentally determined curves on flashlight forums like candlepowerforums. Setting up one of those in one of the user discharge curves may provide for a more accurate voltage-to-percentage translation.

12. CJ715

CJ715 New Member

That's a good idea but how do you save the old curves and then put them back in if the new curves don't work.

13. LOBOCOP

LOBOCOP New Member

restore nfe to default settings and then import your profile settings that way the important stuff would be back to normal.