Joyetech Espion Solo 80w TouchScreen

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by HydrAxx, Mar 30, 2018.

1. SH9193

SH9193 New Member

Thank you!!!! 2020 still livin the life with espion solo

maelstrom2001 likes this.
  2. Kisomen

Kisomen New Member

Hello Guys,
    just wanted to say thank You for the great job, that You`ve done regarding the Espion Solo. It works like a dream :)

maelstrom2001 likes this.
  3. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

4. jurgen

jurgen New Member

Thank you!!!
    Greetings

slavyk and maelstrom2001 like this.
  5. Fldan

Fldan New Member

@maelstrom2001 ,
    Hi maelsrtrom. I did
    1. Close NToolbox completely (right click icon in tray -> Exit).
    2. Download, unpack and start FLDROM.
    3. Connect Espion Solo with original firmware.
    4. Check that LDROM Updater detected the box:
      [​IMG]
    5. Click Update button.
    6. Close FLDROM.
    7. Start NToolbox and flash attached ArcticFox build the same way you've flashed your Primo.
    But NToolbox did not recognize the device. I did an other LDROM updater and close the program. Then I disconnected the device, took out the battery and now it looks to be bricked. My first day. Changed ports and cables, screen is dead, no fire. Anything that can be done? Not even the Joytech updater does not recognize the device. Is this dead forever? Yes, it is a Solo touch 80W. Thank you in advance.
    PS I've read and done Products Manual p. 7.3 all variants, including the lock button you mentioned. NToolbox — Firmware Updater does not see anything

#65 Fldan, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  6. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    Is NToolbox Updater show "Waiting for device..." or something else? Reboot PC and try again please.
    Connecting the Solo without battery and pressed Lock button will put it in Safe Mode. But! Only after successful update of LDROM.
    OEM LDROM have no this feature as I wrote above.

7. Fldan

Fldan New Member

Hi, thank you for the fast reply. I've rebooted the PC the same. NToolbox Updater shows "Waiting for device..." when connected without battery and lock button pressed. The FLDROM exe shows "disconnected". Joytech updater the same.
    What I did initially: Ran the FLDROM - result "done". Closed theFLDROM .Ran NToolbox Updater did not rcognize anything. Ran again FLDROM - disconnected. Closed al programs and disconnected USB. Nothing on the screen. Removed the battery - the same.
    And now I'm stuck in this. You may know better (as you took it apart), is there any reset button on the board itself? If that helps, there is 4.2V (used the voltmeter) on the + and - when connected to usb. Is is done and dusted? Or there is a last resort? Really appreciated, thank you.
    PS Worth mentioning that I just tried now and my VTC mini boots in Safe Mode, no problem. Same PC, same cable.

#67 Fldan, Jul 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  8. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

It seems that was something wrong with USB in box. Despite the fact that LDROM updating is fast, a disconnection could have occurred, or something else which may lead to USB (or MCU) died. USB failure may causes LDROM corruption, and MCU became a brick. Or voltage spike/short circuit in jack or cable/etc. may kill the MCU. Anyway, I think it is completely dead, sorry.
    Unfortunately, no.

9. Fldan

Fldan New Member

Thank you. My loss. Shame I used it for only 1 day and I liked it. Best regards

10. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

It's just a bad luck. Really sorry.