Lexicon...?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rjake, Jun 24, 2018.

1. rjake

rjake New Member

Is it possible for the lexicon? I know the screen is small but it would be sweet to alter the LEDs

2. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    It is possible, but Christmas LED garlands will not be supported at all. Any advantages other than these decorations? It's not worth it.

3. rjake

rjake New Member

Well, other than that I'd like to see an Arctic Fox firmware on device such as that. The preexisting isn't the greatest and Arctic Fox is adds better capabilities and options. Personally I believe the firmware makes the mod and Arctic Fox is the way to go. The LEDs would be another option/ capability

4. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Thank you for kind words :)
    Well, before starting work, I just want to clarify that if you or someone else agrees to use this box with disabled LEDs, we'll add its support. Just really do not want to waste time and ROM space for strange (in my humble opinion) things, especially the only one.

5. rjake

rjake New Member

I understand, and I would use the mod without LEDs. I mean the mod is meant to fire an atty, everything else is just extras lol.

6. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

This is enough :)
    Please let us know when you have the box and are ready to test.

Upd. It seems that Lexicon have single buck only converter, like iKonn220 and Invoke, ie the maximum output voltage can not be higher than the total battery voltage, it is desirable to confirm this with the original firmware.
    Okay, Eleaf continues to do their boxes as cheap as possible.

#6 maelstrom2001, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    4s4ww likes this.
  7. 4s4ww

4s4ww New Member

Are there any working test firmware for Lexicon?

8. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Nay, there is only two questions in all forums about and no owners wishes to participate in testing. Apparently, the device is so interesting that no one needs its support.

9. 4s4ww

4s4ww New Member

I could participate in testing. I use this mod. But I would not want to have it inoperative :)

10. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

If you do not want to risk, then wait until someone more experienced does all the work.

11. Yeahbuddy2575

Yeahbuddy2575 New Member

I’m getting tired of the current firmware, if i were to test for us guys and it went wrong couldn’t I just reset to the original firmware or make a backup file ?

12. AshenSwift

AshenSwift New Member

I recently purchased this device, and I tell you, I'm not buying another. The stock firmware it came with, none of the settings besides the actual usage of the device work. I'd be happy to test the firmware. I -TECHNICALLY- have a backup, and though I'd prefer if the LED's work, base functionality is fine too. If you do get around to adding LED functions, simple solid color options & a cycle color option are more than enough for me. I got into a spat with Eleaf's support about trying to get a copy of the stock firmware to try to reflash it and fix the options. Least helpful company ever. So if you want to use mine as a guinea pig, I'd prefer ya don't brick it, but I won't cry if it happens. It's little more than a basic box with lights on it as is.

13. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

14. AshenSwift

AshenSwift New Member

Uploaded to my device with NFTools, works perfectly fine. LED's off, and wattage select all good. Thanks mate. I like a lot of the info on the display.

maelstrom2001 likes this.
  15. AshenSwift

AshenSwift New Member

I'm just surprised and happy it has a clock on it!!

Yeahbuddy2575 and maelstrom2001 like this.
  16. Janishewskiy

Janishewskiy Active Member

It is not true. I have Lexicon, it fully works within the stated functionality.
    Why ask for something that is already on the product page?
    http://www.eleafworld.com/lexicon-with-ello-duro/
    At the very bottom of the page.

I don’t understand why to lie and slander a good manufacturer who is meeting and helping more often than other companies. They are not obliged to lay out the firmware at all, nevertheless they post it.

17. AshenSwift

AshenSwift New Member

Mine does not. I cannot change the light settings or anything with the firmware that came on it. Bad luck of the draw, but do not assume that because yours is functioning well, they all are. Silicon lottery.
    At the very bottom of the product page a small button that is easily missed. I happened to miss it. I went to their firmware download page http://www.eleafworld.com/download/ and did not find it. So I emailed their support to ask for a link to it.

AshenSwift <>
    Apr 24, 2019, 2:16 PM (5 days ago)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    to service
    [​IMG]
    I just recently bought a Lexicon, and the LEDs are not respecting any of the settings. Would it be possible to get the latest firmware for it so I can attempt to remedy this issue? It's not available on the download page.

Thank you.

Elena-service@eleafworld.com Apr 24, 2019, 11:16 PM (5 days ago)
    Dear customer, I don't have the latest firmware now, I am very sorry! Best regards, Elena Eleafworld Service Eleaf (Shenzhen) Electronic Technology Co., LTD 1&2

AshenSwift Apr 25, 2019, 2:32 AM (4 days ago)
    Well, if you cannot help me directly, then you could help me by sending me to someone who can.

Elena-service@eleafworld.com <service@eleafworld.com>
    Apr 25, 2019, 9:08 PM (4 days ago)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    to me
    [​IMG]

Dear customer,
    If you don't find a software update on eleaf's official website, then there is no software update, not that I don't want to help you, and I have no choice.
    [​IMG]

18. tsnork

tsnork New Member

I had that issue, too. Turning it off and on and off and on and suddenly it worked.

But back to topic: I flashed the nightly firmware this morning and it works like a charm. As I turned off the LEDs before I don't miss anything.
    The thing with the LEDs: With the stock firmware you can not selectively turn them on or off, meaning: Either you have the animations while puffing AND the heinous blinking after the puf, feeling like a shitty car mod or you don't have any LEDs at all.

So for now this is absolutely fine except for the fact that the NFEtool shows "Unknown device". Ah...and one thing, I don't know if this is due to the small display: You cannot have a logo and the clock, it's either or. It feels like the logo and the clock should fit the display next to each other but I don't know exactly.

Thanks for your work :)

maelstrom2001 likes this.
  19. tsnork

tsnork New Member

One more minor issue:

The clock lags noticably, it lost over 10 minutes over the day.

Edit: Maybe that‘s a coincidence but the time lag corresponds with the puff time.

#19 tsnork, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
  20. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    Set RTC Mode to LSL, upload settings, disconnect box from PC (necessarily, never remove battery while box is connected to PC or wall charger) and restart it (pull out batteries and insert back).

[​IMG]

tsnork likes this.