Unofficial Lost Vape - Quest Chip (Grus, Ursa, Cyborg, BTB, Thelema, Centaurus)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mixHup, Oct 14, 2020.

1. seedmass

seedmass New Member

@maelstrom2001 I was trying to DM you about some modifications I want to make to the Grus firmware. Mainly the ability to turn the display landscape and just show live temp. Seams out of scope for this forum so I would be willing to pay you for your time! Let me know if you’re interested. Not sure how else to contact you...

#521 seedmass, Apr 21, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
  2. widyahong

widyahong New Member

Articfox firmware almost perfect firmware, several value (of course live coil temp and board temp) can displayed live or calculated based your value inputed (like ohm/watt/volt), just change 3 widget at bottom on 160*80 display, you can set by pressing fire/power button several time (i forgot) or set in nfe tool box in you computer.

landscape display available on official firmware, but for lostvape 160*80 display (unofficial) i dont know how important it can be interested developer..

maelstrom2001 likes this.
  3. r18duarte

r18duarte New Member

Can update on this, got mine a few days ago and disassembled mine today. The chip does not have any writing on it, but it does look like a STM32F103 clone. Here are some pictures of the board.

Attached Files:

tim_buktu and widyahong like this.
  4. tim_buktu

tim_buktu Active Member

Hi @r18duarte ,
    thank you for the pictures. From my point of view it seems to be a LQFP48 package that points to F072 -type controller, right?
    the F103 should have at least 64 pins, avialable in LQFP64-package, right?
    Independent from this I have ordered the Thelema Solo yesterday. Since I have experienced the Thelema(dual) and found the stock firmware working not too bad, I decided to give the Solo a try, too.
    When my Solo will be delivered next week I can open it as well, to provide some more information.

DePott likes this.
  5. widyahong

widyahong New Member

Hello @r18duarte @tim_buktu compare to picture by @S1ngyy

https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/l...btb-thelema-centaurus.4905/page-21#post-13863

I think they have same stm32f103, the different just no marking..

I dont really deep about stm32, i wonder they have same stm32 and 48 pin, if ground and vdd vss vbat analog digital pwm can compatible with stm32f072, can we drop replace f103 with f072 already flashed?

Yeah i know harded part is we need manually analyzing rearrange gpio pin information maybe with multimeter and replace the mcu.

48pin is far easier than 128pin package like super io bios computer/laptop replacement.

Flashing and stm32f072 can be done by sacrifice cheap development board blue pill stm32f072.

Forget it just my wild mind.

6. r18duarte

r18duarte New Member

i think i'll have more time tomorrow i'll be making a cable for it, even if it's for nothing. and could also fully disassamble mine (and desoldering the 510), so it's easier to mess with it. But if the PCB silkscreen means anything, it's the same one as that YK183_QPM102-V3. I could try to get my hands on a SMT-Link to dump the chip and find what is it for sure, but if it is a 103 we would need to wait for maelstorm to make a build for it. And a way to get it on too.

widyahong likes this.
  7. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Colleagues, I want to draw your attention to one detail.
    072 and 103 in LQFP48 packaging have similar pinout, but with one nuance.

[​IMG]

To make USB working on 103, the external clock input on PD0 (PD1) is needed. These pins should be connected to the crystal oscillator or clock generator, otherwise USB will not work.

[​IMG]

I can't figure out if this component is on Solo's PCB.

While 072 can use internal oscillator for USB peripheral:

[​IMG]

8. r18duarte

r18duarte New Member

those pins do not have a trace on the pcb unfortunately, there's not a crystal oscillator on the PCB but not sure if there's a clock generator. I didn't take a picture of the back of the pcb. I have full pictures of the front of mine but were too big to upload.

Attached Files:

9. Ophiuchus

Ophiuchus New Member

Is it possible to re-flash my grus 2.0 that was having the same overheating issue without taking it fully apart and shorting the pins to use the Ursa bootloader? I guess im wondering if its possible to "Force PID" while updating it and selecting "Ursa" as the device identifier? Is this possible or am I way off? If shorting the pins is the only way, I can take my grus apart again, was mainly just wondering if theres a way around that? Appreciate the help!

10. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    Sorry, the "Force PID" option is not implemented for STM32 devices, so you have to re-flash the bootloader.

P. S. If you will wait for a day or two, I'll upload a build with software bugfix.

#530 maelstrom2001, May 2, 2022
    Last edited: May 3, 2022
    Ophiuchus likes this.
  11. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

A hack for Grus 2.0 boxes with old Grus bootloader and problems with overheating :)
    Flash attached build, then set Hardware Version to:
    • 1.00 or 1.01 depending on display model for first gen Grus;
    • 1.10 or 1.11 depending on display model for updated Grus (2.0), product ID will be changed to [GRS2].
    Please test.

Attached Files:

tim_buktu and Ophiuchus like this.
  12. Ophiuchus

Ophiuchus New Member

No more overheating issue, thanks for the update!

13. seedmass

seedmass New Member

Thanks for this! Is using the Ursa bootloader work the same? I'm having problems getting RPTE STM32 working with the firmware you posted and grus boot.

14. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    Open RPTE.ini and add GRS2 to the "Override" key.