Unofficial Lost Vape - Quest Chipset (Grus, Ursa)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mixHup, Oct 14, 2020.

1. widyahong

widyahong New Member

please still using the latest bootloader and firmware above,

Z100A-1.jpg
    this is version 1 noting to change hardware version

2-2.jpg
    this is version 2 you need change hardware version to 1.01

zoom picture above, see the user interface display

nothing bad happen if you false choice hardware version, you can try first, if you have problem with display you can change hw version later.

2. RLiviu

RLiviu New Member

It seems that the maximum output voltage can not be higher than the total battery voltage.

3. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

4. widyahong

widyahong New Member

lostvape gruss/ursa and articfox work great buck boost converter fuction correctly, according to the specification limitation, which is 100 watts, if you want to use a maximum voltage of 7 volts (in 100w), then the wire resistance must be at 0.5 ohms, if it is below 0.5 ohms, the voltage will be limited by 100 watts, if it is above 0.5 ohms then the wattage will be limited by the voltage. of course there are other limitations such as cut out battery voltage, max current, etc. and now I understand why Articfox does a very soft start, if without a soft start the mod easly will trigger cut out low battery protection. but sometime i feel trigger low battery cut out more frequently with temperature control mode but in watttage mode everything is normal, i dont know why maybe just my feel because i dont have modified usb c for monitoring device :D so i use lowwer wattage for compensate it.

#224 widyahong, Apr 12, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    maelstrom2001 likes this.
  5. RLiviu

RLiviu New Member

If I understand these graph correctly, Grus is reading the resistance a little high until 0.5 Ohm.
    Voltage boost is working from about 0.5 Ohm and up.
    Somewhere before 1 Ohm, it can’t deliver anymore the voltage required. 2021-04-14.jpg
    I think the sweet spot is somewhere between 0.5-1 Ohm for optimum battery utilization.