"Low Battery" warnings with full battery, eLeaf Pico Squeeze 2

Discussion in 'Issues' started by AveryFreeman, Jun 19, 2020.

1. AveryFreeman

AveryFreeman New Member

Hey,

Love your software. Love my Pico Squeeze 2. Thought the two were nice together.

However, after about 2 hrs my PS2 stopped firing and flashed a "low battery" warning, even though the battery was almost completely full. I changed the battery thinking there was something wrong with it, but the same thing happened a short while after installing a new battery.

I'm using VTC6a 21700 40A Murata INR22/70 batteries, less than a week old.
    Pico Squeeze 2 hardware version: 1.0
    Tested Arctic Fox builds: 180913, 190602, 190310, 190624

All versions I tried soon experienced the low battery issue.

I was reading another thread where I might be able to fix the issue setting a power drain response curve? Does this mean that if I use different batteries, there's a chance that battery's curve may cause the same issue?

For now I have restored stock firmware...

2. AveryFreeman

AveryFreeman New Member

I am noticing something new. With these same batteries even stock firmware is crapping out very early. Could there maybe be a hardware issue?

I wonder if I follow the settings recommendations in the other thread if I can compensate for these batteries, they don't seem to work well in this squonk mod (Work fine in my Tesla Invader IV).

Tried an IJoy 40A 21700 and got an even worse result (this time registering weak battery).

3. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    Most likely yes. Try this build, if you don’t notice an improvement, then check hardware.

AveryFreeman likes this.
  4. AveryFreeman

AveryFreeman New Member

Thanks for the recommendation, I will definitely try it (and other firmware) later

Before doing anything else I wanted to change the coils to a higher resistance, I am going to try a build that reads 0.55 ohms for a while with the stock firmware because I remember reading somewhere that extremely low resistance builds can create an environment where the mod thinks the battery is fully discharged when the amperage drops even slightly (e.g. standard battery current drop over time from normal usage).

My last build was sub 0.1 ohms after being fired (due to being dual SS). I'm hoping this 0.55 ohm build will work properly with stock firmware, and then once I confirm that is the issue I will upgrade to ArcticFox again (since it's obviously much better).

If the mod still acts weird even with the higher resistance build, I will grab AF and start tinkering with the settings to see if I can get it to act more normal and not crap out after 10% of the battery is discharged. It might be the only thing that can save it from the trash bin.

5. AveryFreeman

AveryFreeman New Member

Welp, I've gotten through half a battery on the stock firmware, I think it's time to slap in a new battery and give ArcticFox another try!

6. AveryFreeman

AveryFreeman New Member

OK, I did some testing

Pico Squeeze 2 hardware version: 1.0
    Tested Arctic Fox builds: 180913, 190602, 190310, 190624, 200619

Odd behavior from all builds - battery registered as full, even though about 70-80%
    All builds had low battery warning while stock firmware worked fine

I can try adjusting power response curve later when I have some time, for now I just want my vape to work. Love your software but not working so well with my fragile mod of questionable build quality.

Thank you for all your help, hope my testing helps you too