My pico 75w has a usb c and cannot be recognized by anything

Discussion in 'Issues' started by kwonton, Jul 25, 2021.

1. kwonton

kwonton New Member

So I recently picked up an og pico 75w and ran into a problem with connecting it to PC:

win10: “USB device not recognized
    The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it”

I’ve tried using several cables as well as both USB 3.0 and 2.0. Also the eleaf updater cannot recognize it as well :(

please don’t tell me I finally got a Pico to only have a not be able to run AF. Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED

Divinetribe likes this.
  2. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    You can ask Eleaf support directly, and their answer will be something like this:
    "The product with Type-C cannot be upgraded".
    All new Picos are not flashable. Forget about them.

TinaEire and Divinetribe like this.
  3. Divinetribe

Divinetribe New Member

i can get jwei to make it upgradeable , what can i tell them so they understand do we need a copy of their firmware for this new type c pico? i just canceled a large order with them until they can help solve this

TinaEire likes this.
  4. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello @Divinetribe, glad to see you again :)
    I think this is the right decision.
    I doubt we can do anything about it. Perhaps technically it is possible to run AF on these boxes, but it will require some hardware modifications. Who knows what Eleaf did with their board that now there is neither a normal detection of USB device, nor a firmware updater :confused: Maybe USB has non-standard pinout, maybe it is not routed to MCU at all...
    Even if you get the firmware from Eleaf, the box should be disassembled to put MCU in firmware update mode, and we'll be lucky if we do it without a programmer.
    All these games are not for mass production, so, just for fun only :D

TinaEire and Divinetribe like this.
  5. kwonton

kwonton New Member

Fuuuuk I just ordered another one which was supposed to have a micro usb, and was advertised as such.. got it today and guess what? Goddamn usb c AGAINN arhgggg

Divinetribe likes this.
  6. Divinetribe

Divinetribe New Member

i am still in talks with jwei trying to get more information from the engineers through their reps, its a weekend so i am thinking i will get some more information monday , it seems they were not eager to help others based on the conversations posted about upgrading, but i think they are trying to help,, I just cancelled a huge order with them until this issue can be resolved

TinaEire and maelstrom2001 like this.
  7. HazyDrummer

HazyDrummer New Member

@maelstrom2001 Can we add this to the guide? I just bought a Pico, spent two days trying to get it to work (obviously in spare time) but just discovered this today.

8. TinaEire

TinaEire Member

They who can read have the advantage ;). See above:

maelstrom2001 likes this.