OnThreadException when trying to open file / save config

Discussion in 'Issues' started by error, Dec 1, 2018.

1. error

error New Member

Hey,

got a new device today, so i tried to flash it. Problem is the window where im supposed to chose the firmwarefile doesnt open.

also when i try to click "save as" in the config editor, same problem happens ( no window to chose save location)

im on win10 1809 x64
    log shows this :
    Code:
    [2018.12.01 14:25:21][ERROR][1][System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.OnThreadException]
    Unhandled exception in NCore v18.10.5.8 System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040111): Eine Instanz der COM-Komponente mit der CLSID {DC1C5A9C-E88A-4DDE-A5A1-60F82A20AEF7} konnte aufgrund des folgenden Fehlers nicht von der IClassFactory erstellt werden: 80040111 ClassFactory kann angeforderte Klasse nicht liefern (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80040111 (CLASS_E_CLASSNOTAVAILABLE)).
       bei System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog.CreateVistaDialog()
       bei System.Windows.Forms.FileDialog.RunDialogVista(IntPtr hWndOwner)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.CommonDialog.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
       bei NToolbox.Windows.FirmwareUpdaterWindow.UpdateFromFileButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnLinkClicked(LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
       bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

edit:

i updated my new rx300 now by using a virtual machine with the same os (win10 x64 1809) but i would still like to know how to fix this on my main system

#1 error, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  2. ReikoKitsune

ReikoKitsune Developer
    NFE Team

Hello,

I guess there are an issue with your OS installation or configuration.
    You may try to google errors with CLSID {DC1C5A9C-E88A-4DDE-A5A1-60F82A20AEF7}.
    At first consideration it seems that the matter is in user rights.

error likes this.
  3. error

error New Member

thank you for your reply.
    was hoping for a quick fix, dont want to mess around too much since messing with user rights usually ends in even more problems :D

i guess i will just leave the virtual machine for flashing/editing purposes until i feel the need to format and reinstall my system.

thanks again, have a nice day

ReikoKitsune likes this.