Original firmware Luxotic MF

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by octocat, May 25, 2020.

1. octocat

octocat New Member

Hi, all!

Does anybody have a backup of the subj? I've just updated my box with the latest ArcticFox and found that it doesn't have a "Bypass" mode as the factory one has had and it's impossible to get the same performance here, cause the firmware falls-back to a minimal wattage with a coils of less than 0.1 Ohm, and on trying to raise it manually throws a "short coil" warning. Now I can barely use it with the heads I'm used to. So, I definitely don't like the behaviour yet not being able to rollback.

Thx in advance, forum.

2. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    Ask Wismec support directly.

3. octocat

octocat New Member

Waiting for their reply, thnx. By the way, is there any way to enable high-power mode, or somehow disable that wattage cut-off or shortage warning on the device? Cause the hardware obviously supports currents of about 40-50A and works flawlessly with them. I tried to set-up preheat with a doubled value, but it seems to be cut-off as well and doesn't work at all.

4. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

From a small amount of information that the manufacturer provides, it is assumed no more than 30..35 amperes.
    Provide detailed info on you setup: mode (VW/TC), coil resistance, coil type, power set (temperature as well if you've used it in TC mode as well).

5. octocat

octocat New Member

VW, NiCr, 0.06Ohm. Normally, on stock firmware it worked like a charm in bypass mode, giving about 50 Amps with freshly charged accums and 36-38 when they're depleted, in VW-mode I was able to setup the power to the maximum of 100 Watts available with any coil. Now the firmware limits the power to 45 Watts in this case and doesn't let me raise it to the same values.

6. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

This, of course, is your decision, but I'll leave a few comments for everyone.
    Why don't buy unregulated PCB for this box or something else? Any mechanical (or simple MOSFET) mod will have better performance than bypass emulation on PCB with DC-DC converters.
    For safety reasons, there is some limitations. While the manufacturers declare that their boxes work safely in such modes, we have our own point of view, sorry.
    Good luck in getting OEM firmware.

7. octocat

octocat New Member

Well, it worked nicely in factory bypass mode, so I didn't expect this one would break the basic functionality that way.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the firmware, I really enjoy using it on RX200, where it's a super-stable and convenient solution, which expands the platform and makes all the fine-tuning available.

8. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Maybe. Our opinion on this mode is well-known. Again, it's your choice.
    You're welcome :)