[P10] ArcticFox 170808

Discussion in 'ArcticFox Builds' started by maelstrom2001, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerseyBricklayer

JerseyBricklayer New Member

Thanks for the reply! All is working great then! Love the work you guys do. The clock was way off with the first two settings but seems to be working good on the 3rd, LSL. If that is useful to anyone with a pico.

2. Chasydave

Chasydave New Member

Hello,
    do you want to build a release for the Eleaf iKonn 220?
    I still miss the support for this mod.

Thanks for your efforts

3. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

4. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Yep, that was my fault. In your configuration RTC Mode is set to LIRC although VTwo Mini (and Primo Mini too) has hardware RTC and by default this mode should be set to LXT. And this update was slightly "confused" and it try to change mode to "proper" and restart RTC despite settings in dataflash. On my VTwo Mini RTC Mode is set to LXT and it was updated without issues. So I totally missed this :)
    Fixed: https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/arcticfox-170810.476/
    Thanks again!

joeblowma, Reky_FR and temper11 like this.
  5. Reky_FR

Reky_FR New Member

Amazing reactivity, i like that! let's flashing it! :)

Just for my personnal understanding, how can i know if my boxes have hardware RTC? (Pico and Vaporflask Lite)

6. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

If there is no RTC feature in original firmwares, the box has no hardware support. At this moment hardware RTC is present in Joyetech boxes: VTwo, VTwo Mini, VTC Dual, Evic AIO, eGrip II/Light, Evic Basic, Primo, Primo 2.0, Primo Mini and Primo Mini SE.

7. Reky_FR

Reky_FR New Member

Ok so i understand better now why the time on my devices was always wrong, that's clear, thank professor ;)

8. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

For better RTC accuracy you can set RTC Mode to LSL. It will increase battery consumption a little, but clock will be very accurate. After changing this option box need to be restarted: https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/arcticfox-firmware.15/ (Settings -> Expert section)

9. Reky_FR

Reky_FR New Member

Yep i've already seen this option in the NFE tool, the issue is that when you need to change the battery for another one, the time to do this operation, you loose the right clock time on the box and then, it need to be re-setup
    That's why i don't use this option anymore, and this is not a major issue to me :)

10. joeblowma

joeblowma Member

No, thank you - that did it! Perfect updates now! :cool:

Has me thinking: why did I change those in the first place? I don't use the time features (so accuracy isn't important unless it affects vape), is there battery saved using LIRC over LXT, or would TC/sampling accuracy better with one over the other?

maelstrom2001 likes this.
  11. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Power consumption in both modes (LXT and LIRC) is the same and it does not affect anything except the accuracy of the clock. Perhaps you copied the settings from the box without the RTC, and this setting went into both Primo Mini and VTwo Mini. Then the bug in 170808 showed up in this way. If the accurate clock is not needed, now it does not really matter what mode they are in.

12. joeblowma

joeblowma Member

Thanks for the info! I figured the xtal would be powered no matter which setting, and probably doesn't take much power anyway.
    You are probably right, I remember messing with it on VTwo and I know I imported the VTwo config on the Primo which I got to replace it... but there it is a 75W limit set on both of them, like my first device - Pico.

13. vaponaut

vaponaut New Member

Working great on Istick Pico and old VTC Mini. I experienced a step up in vaping, is that true ? ;-) Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.