[P11] arcticfox-config v11.0.0 for macOS and Linux

Discussion in 'macOS / Linux' started by Hobbyquaker, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Rodrigo Araujo

Rodrigo Araujo New Member

My predator already has an earlier version of arcticfox installed through a windows computer. Now I use a macbook, I installed arcticfox for mac but it does not recognize my predator. When I run the program, the only option that appears in the menu is "quit".

2. Uncle_Brr

Uncle_Brr Member

What version of Mac OSX do you use?

3. Gedeon

Gedeon Member

First try to update the arcticfox firmware to the latest version on your device.

4. Rodrigo Araujo

MacOS Sierra 10.12.3

5. Rodrigo Araujo

This is the problem. I can not update it on windows computer. NFE version 170624 recognizes the predator. NFE version 170914 does not recognize.

6. Uncle_Brr

Uncle_Brr Member

It is very strange, because I've updated my friend's Predator with latest firmware a couple of days ago. Try another cable and another windoze comp. Don't try to do it in a virtual box.

7. Gedeon

Gedeon Member

Why not, I do it too with a VM here

8. Uncle_Brr

Uncle_Brr Member

Sometimes there are some strange bugs/behaviour. I think it's something in USB-transport between host and guest. That's why I prefer clean install.

9. warlock9000

warlock9000 New Member

arcticfox-config-1.11.8 (Linux)
    does not save configuration on the computer, crashes with a "failure LineContent is not defined"
    [​IMG]

Uncle_Brr likes this.
  10. Uncle_Brr

Uncle_Brr Member

same here

Attached Files:

11. martinusbe

martinusbe New Member

just an FYI
    On linux Mint 18.1 i had to change the permission in etc/udev/rules.d/99-arcticfox.rules from 0660 to 0666 for it to connect to rx2/3 and rx2 20700
    ;)

#31 martinusbe, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    dampfan likes this.
  12. warlock9000

warlock9000 New Member

i not have this file

13. Uncle_Brr

Uncle_Brr Member

done this on SuSE, but it doesn't help to avoid crash on save

14. FaberfoX

FaberfoX New Member

Just installed and tested here on ubuntu mate 17.10. Not crashing but not saving settings, screenshot of the error attached.
    Everything else seems to work, only issue is with relative preheat, that's showing 1/10 of the selected value, if corrected on the application, on upload gets reset to 100. Also complains if there are decimals, but on upload sets the proper value * 10, screenshot also attached. Firmware updating would be awesome, but I can live with a VM or dual booting for now. Thanks!

Edit: Just one request, can you make it set the clock on connect or upload?

Screenshot at 2017-11-26 16-25-27.png Screenshot at 2017-11-26 16-26-57.png

15. Uncle_Brr

Uncle_Brr Member

It gives the same error even if you want to UPLOAD settings to your device, not only save... :(

16. milan

milan New Member

First of all: lots of thanks and kudos to HobbyQuaker for all the care and feeding of those versions and even including an Arch package. And it does work!
    The file extension is somewhat creative (Arch has a naming scheme of PkgName-version-subVersion-architecture.pkg.tar.xz i.e. zip-3.0-7-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz) but this is just esthetic.
    Downloaded it on arch linux and mac, in both cases I had initial problems to get my vtc mini/minitwo connected and recognized.
    On arch the problem was a double udev rule, I had the 99-nuvoton version installed and the new package brought it's own udev rule. Deleting the old one as mentioned by other posters (thanks!) and a logout/login solved that.
    On mac I had to delete the prior version first, then the apple security thing with Rmouse->Open->confirm, then (after many unsuccessful connection attempts) a reboot and while the apple systemreport still didnt show the device, the app suddenly found the device.
    I second the feature request of 'set the date/time on connect' to the system time of the computer.
    I can also confirm that saving settings fails on mac with the 'A Javascript error occurred in the main process'
    Uncaught Exception:
    ReferenceError: lineContent is not defined
    at Object.Model.Interface.ClassicSkinVWLines.Line1 (/Applications/Arcticfox Config.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/afcfile.js:584:63)
    at Object.keys.forEach.Key (/Applications/Arcticfox Config.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/afcfile.js:1084:33)
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at AfcFile.conf2xml (/Applications/Arcticfox Config.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/afcfile.js:1081:26)
    at electron.dialog.showSaveDialog.filename (/Applications/Arcticfox Config.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:167:58)
    at Function.wrappedCallback (/Applications/Arcticfox Config.app/Contents/Resources/electron.asar/browser/api/dialog.js:189:14)

Again, thanks to everyone involved

17. DioAlma

DioAlma New Member

noob question: How do I launch the program after installing? xD

18. FaberfoX

FaberfoX New Member

It should be on your launcher as Arcticfox Config, under Accesories. If not found there, you can start it on a console with:
    "/opt/Arcticfox Config/arcticfox-config"

19. bluedreamin

bluedreamin New Member

Having the same problems here with everything on the Mac OSX

Screen Shot 2017-12-25 at 11.49.28 PM.png

20. crackercrete

crackercrete New Member

me too, despite the commant line above , nor two ways does not start the aplication unfortunatelly