[P11] arcticfox-config v11.0.0 for macOS and Linux

Discussion in 'macOS / Linux' started by Hobbyquaker, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Doyle4

Doyle4 New Member

Hobbyquaker, Do you think you could port the firmware updater over to mac? That be great if possible :)

2. Red White

Red White New Member

This thing is quite interesting.
    Seems to be promising enough.

At least, syncs device with board time on settings download, which is good! (;

3. Red White

Red White New Member

I had some dark thoughts on that, but tonight I looked at DEB-package size. 30MB+? And when I see it unpacked I loose my shit in numerous bricks.

Are you serious? Can't we just simply have a GTK+/Qt? I don't ask for ncurses/Tk. I ask for sanity!

4. Hobbyquaker

Hobbyquaker Member

Totally normal size for an electron app. Electron apps have chromium and node.js on board, that makes 99% of the size...
    I dont mind, how much do you pay for a 2TB hdd today? does it really hurt anyone to use a few megs? Imho: totally irrelevant. A single picture from my Cam is bigger...

If you want to have it super space efficient and implemented with that last-millenium old school stuff - why dont you just do it?! (asking for sanity - lol...)

5. Red White

Red White New Member

It doesn't really hurt anyone to use a few gigs. Just do it, take it away. XD
    While you refer to cam pictures as a comparison in this case, I'd say I'm pretty sure that ALL of my source code repositories weight with history and HEAD state all together — all they weight significantly less than these 160+ MBs. With compiled binaries, if applicable.
    All my own projects and those where I participated within these last say five years.

So take a few GBs/TBs away.

6. Hobbyquaker

Hobbyquaker Member

I don't get it - what do you want from me?
    If it's your opinion that the space requirements of an electron app are a no-go - that's ok - ymmv - then just don't use electron apps, nobody forces you to use them.
    If you want an Arcticfox config tool that is super space efficient - use qt or whatever, create one, it's a free world.
    But pls stop that senseless and annoying trolling here.

7. dampfan

dampfan Member