powerbank with vtwo mini

Discussion in 'Issues' started by methevas, Jan 16, 2019.

1. methevas

methevas New Member

Hi when I try to use powerbank mode and I set to on it flashes the on icon and after a while it stops working. Please help.

#1 methevas, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  2. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    See Products Manual p. 4.5:

3. methevas

methevas New Member

I know that but I try to charge a smartphone and it couldn't start charging. I try to charge another mod and the current was 0.10A max.

4. methevas

methevas New Member

5. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

I suspect that these are some nuances of compatibility of the charging protocol, it is possible that your phone do not accept coding on Avatar's USB lines (pull-up resistors on D+ and D-). Also check RC adapter and USB cable, for example this way:
    [​IMG]

#5 maelstrom2001, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  6. methevas

methevas New Member

I am not sure that I understand what you mean with (pull-up resistors on D+ and D-)
    The cable I tried I think doesn't have data + data - cables in it. But it can charge a wv battery I have. also it can power a USB led lamp I have. So I should try a cable with data +/- for smartphones?Thanks in advance.

7. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Yes, some phones may not start charging with 2-wire cables, so try 4-wire data cable.

8. methevas

methevas New Member

Ok first I tried the setup you show in photo and it's charging itself but with low current 0.3A. I used a cable with 4 wires to charge my phone but I have the same issue. These rc adapters have any circuit inside them or the are just a female USB connected to 510.

9. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

If battery level is higher than ~80% it is normal.
    Well, please check hardware (RC adapter, cables, jacks etc.) itself, I can not help, sorry. Firmware can not "push" the current to load, it produces voltage, and can not change the output current. Current will be as high as load wants, it is controlled by load only.

10. methevas

methevas New Member

I see there is no way that the af has bug for my vtwo mini right?

11. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

If you think this is a bug in the firmware, there is no problem, this is the easiest explanation of the most issues. We take the fact that the firmware is to blame, not the hardware. The firmware was tested on our devices, among which there is VTwo Mini, and do not see this issue. You may well consider this a bug, but as long as it cannot be reproduced ourselves, or it is not a mass phenomenon confirmed by many users, there is nothing to "fix". Thanks for understading.

12. methevas

methevas New Member

No no you misunderstand. i am asking if there is a possibility to be a bug. something that you missed. i dont know.if you say that it is tested then i have to look down to hardware part.

13. Drew84

Drew84 New Member

Sorry, a bit off topic but at the same time related... Is there any way to disable the power bank auto-off or adjust the auto cutoff value? I am trying to power a small circuit that only uses 5ma and the VTwo is automatically turning powerbank off because it's detecting draw below 50ma.