Work In Progress Public Beta: STM32 Branch

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by maelstrom2001, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Asfodhell

Asfodhell New Member

Hi !
    First, thanks a lot for all your hard work :)

So, I recently received the Wismec V200 and hoped to get one with the "old" chipset, but ... got the stm32 ...
    The thing is ; I can't update it with Wismec's tool, or put your latest firmware.
    I tried :
    - With or without batteries
    - Through various USB ports with various cables
    - Turning Off the device before/after it's plugged to the PC
    - App launched in Administrator Mode
    - Updated every bit of drivers for my motherboard (2018's ASRock Z370 Extreme4)
    - Redone the process on four other Eleaf devices (back and forth between Eleaf's and ArcticFox's firmwares still works fine)

Whenever I plug the Wismec V200, I see it as "USB Input Device - Driver error" or "HID-compliant device" in the peripherals (not consistant).
    Two Eleaf Invoke, Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 and Eleaf TC100W are all showing up as "HID Transfer" in that same menu.

This V200 shows up with its proper name within Wismec's software and ArcticFox's update module.
    Selecting the new firmware makes the device disappear with the typical Windows sound.
    Pressing the Minus button on the device makes it show up again, along with Windows' sound/notification.

Other than that, the device itself works just as "good" as expected (faulty TC mode that goes back to 1 watt when asked to be used on a barely more complex SS build ... typical)

My computer has obvious trouble properly detecting this particular device, so it's not your software's fault at all.
    But, I suppose some of you may know of a solution .. ?

2. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    Probably, USB in your PC loses device when it changes boot mode (for firmware update), for some reason.
    Try to flash using USB 2.0 port, or connect device forcing LDROM boot mode as it described in "Safe Mode" section in Products Manual (without batteries and holding + button).

Asfodhell likes this.
  3. Asfodhell

Asfodhell New Member

Waw !! Thank you :D
    That actually worked instantly !

maelstrom2001 likes this.
  4. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Suddenly.
    [​IMG]
    I take my hat off to Eleaf. Very handy and pleasant box in real.

Asfodhell likes this.
  5. propi

propi New Member

please also release the Rim-C version. its very important. :eek:

6. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

If you want, you may help to get OEM firmware from Eleaf, ask them directly for example.
    I know I grumble a bit, but... Maybe you will do something real for the community? This forum isn't our blog. If you want results, make an effort. At this time, I see only the insistent demands of the impossible.

#26 maelstrom2001, Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  7. KOFFING

KOFFING New Member

Don't take it personally Maelstrom. Don't let people who are lazy and expect something-for-nothing bother you. The work you are doing (and have done so far) with NFE Team is really appreciated by many of us in the vaping community.
    I for one, respect the amount of effort that goes into these builds and am really happy that you are still continuing to create new Arctic Fox firmware to this day! Please keep up the good work, however long progress may take! Try not to let impatient users get to you.
    Have a great day!

8. Bartek96

Bartek96 New Member

Hello @maelstrom2001 I noticed weak power after click fire on my v200, I checked config but I don't know what is wrong, can you please look at this?

Attached Files:

9. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    Nothing wrong, for beta builds we used common soft-start. OEM firmwares using more agressive regulation algo (and faster a bit), but personally I don't like it, 'cause:
    1. It's bulky.
    2. In real life output voltage is quite noisy.
    3. As STM32 branch have variable voltage mode, displayed output voltage is flickering annoyingly during firing (see p. 2).
    Perhaps we can find a compromise for some time, but at the beginning I'd prefer slower but more precise regulation.

Bartek96 likes this.
  10. Asfodhell

Asfodhell New Member

Seems to work fine for me.
    Perhaps I do not even have the STM32 on my V200 ... As I assumed I did due to being locked out of the update process (see above).
    I did a small "easy to understand" picture for a Vape-related Discord, trying to "sell" Temp Control's benefits ^^'

[​IMG]

It's in French, but you get the idea ;)

11. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Again, personally, I have nothing against this slow ramp up. Maybe it returns me to days when I used Evolv DNA (40, 75) boards more actively than JWEI :D As far as I remember, their start-up speed was about the same, something up to 0.1..0.2 seconds before reaching the power set.

12. dampfan

dampfan Member

what about the bug in AF 200301 i reported in post: 11931?

#32 dampfan, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  13. propi

propi New Member

i also noticed the slow start-up speed but its ok, maybe its better for battery saving.
    PS: i wrote an email to eleafworld, they should send me the rim-c firmware. (there must be something to flash. maybe we should ask some good reseller on aliexpress for unreleased firmwares)

14. Euplio

Euplio New Member

Just installed the last beta firmware on the pico x and everything is working just fine. Thank you so much! Just one request: is it possible to modify the useless battery icon on the display with the battery percentage so that I could have the battery percentage plus two lines for ohm and amp? If possible would be super!

15. heth1

heth1 New Member

Hello, I downloaded files from OP post, plugged my picoX and started firmware update. Then it said "update failed". Now my pico doesn't turn on, basicly in brick mode. Any advice? Pls beware

16. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!

See Manual 7.3. Follow instructions and flash the box from Safe Mode.

heth1 likes this.
  17. heth1

heth1 New Member

Thanks you very much, its alive:D

18. Invoken

Invoken New Member

Hello,

Is Eleaf Invoke still supported? Didn't see it on the official list and I'm using build 180913 on it at the moment. Thanks in advance and appreciate your hard work

19. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Invoken likes this.
  20. Invoken

Invoken New Member