Work In Progress Public Beta: STM32 Branch

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by maelstrom2001, Feb 24, 2020.

1. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

@chidoy Yep, the same thing, please see post above.
    As a workaround for atomizer errors in the deep protection state I can suggest to turn on and tune PI-regulator, cause it works really better for such atomizers which requires smooth power control and long puffs.

2. Theinterneti

Theinterneti New Member

I am giving this a shot. Seems to be working now that I've got it enabled on all my profiles. Yes I'm using SAI TAF and DTV4 atomizers and those demands you describe are accurate.

I've lowered the p value down to 600 for the SAI as I found suggested in the one reference I could dig up. It hasn't died for a couple 45 second puffs now! Thank you.

maelstrom2001 likes this.
  3. Theinterneti

Theinterneti New Member

Just wanted to mention I'm still having issues.

It seems like a good number of times that T/PI control kick in that the recorded temperature spikes. Sometimes it works for a while, and then the recorded temperature spikes. Maybe half the time it goes through the whole puff. Still happening on both atomizers.

@Divinetribe I'm really wishing at this point that I had bought the Pico instead of the Rim C this is driving me crazy! It would help tons if you could send a link to settings that you have tested and got working well with these. I'm starting to wonder if there was something wrong with the mod I received or what.

Attached Files:

Divinetribe likes this.
  4. Divinetribe

Divinetribe New Member

hit me up on a email if you do not think the community here or on reddit can help i can exchange the rim c for the pico

Theinterneti likes this.
  5. Theinterneti

Theinterneti New Member

Hopefully my final post!

After a run of repetitive and very frustrating errors I spent the last several hours reading every post I could find on PI controller tuning and a lot of trial and error. I think I've found some settings that have solved my atomizer not found errors!

P = 1000, I = 10 has worked for several cycles in a row on the Rim C with DTV4 and the quartz bucket. Those same settings seem to work fine for my SAI TAF too.

Attached Files:

slavyk and maelstrom2001 like this.
  6. rpt34

rpt34 New Member

so... does this mean the eleaf istick rim can now utilize arctic fox in order to have TC capabilities? (cause I know currently it only comes with a wattage mode).

7. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Yep, it have pretty accurate measurement circuits.

8. rpt34

rpt34 New Member

Okay thank you thats awesome to know, I wanted to buy the istick rim (not the rim c) to use with the atomizer that @Divinetribe makes, but I didn't want to pull the trigger without knowing if I could use TC mode.

9. gotbadvas

gotbadvas New Member

Hey guys I am using my arcticfox flashed rim c with a trvp v3 rda. This is a coil based rda. I am having trouble with TC. I have locked my ohms at room temp. After holding down the fire button for about 4 seconds coil is beginning to glow red and glow will just intensify from there. I don't think this should be happening. Anything wrong with my settings that would cause this? It almost behaved as if it's in wattage mode. I even tried flashing back to stock firmware then back to af with no change. Included my profile settings and did some like 5 second test fires. test.txt needs to be changed to .csv couldn't seem to upload the csv. Coils were starting to glow during each fire during test. * Edit to add during test the ohms were different than in my settings screenshot because I changed to a different coil for testing and had locked in the new cold resistance reading for that coil.

Attached Files:

10. lounik

lounik New Member

As I can see from yours test.txt, the real resistant of the coil is about 0.57 ohm at starting point (room temperature) but its drop at about 0.55* ohm when you press the fire and remains stable.

This is not the behavior of a stainless steel SS316 that normally can up to about 0.67 ohm or more when it is heated up

Check again the matirial of your coil and use ss for tempeture control.

* The drop of resistant usually is from connection issues at connection point as 510 or posts

maelstrom2001 likes this.
  11. gotbadvas

gotbadvas New Member

Thanks for trying to help me lounik it is appreciated. In the screenshot of my settings don't I have the correct coil material selected for SS? I am fairly sure my coils are all SS as that is the only thing that comes with the atomizer which I just received new yesterday and I look at visually to compare and it looks like the right coils.

I let the setup sit overnight and when I woke up I tried tightening the post screws for the coil more. I was able to get another 1/4 turn or so and cold resistance went down to .40 ohm. I locked ohms there and tested with basically the same result. I looked at the 510 on the mod and atomizer and it looks like they are making good contact.

You say resistance of SS coils should rise with temp? Hopefully I can figure it out I hate to think I might have a bum mod or something. I use it for medical purposes and want to use lower somewhat accurate temperatures. Shame I don't have another mod or atomizer to just test real quick with.

12. gotbadvas

gotbadvas New Member

Another test fire recording and profile settings pic with a different coil. Locked ohms at room temp for this new coil. Still glowing.

Attached Files:

13. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    It seems that coil material is not stainless steel. According to the monitor data, it have very low TCR, close to the nichrome.

14. gotbadvas

gotbadvas New Member

I think I have made a major breakthrough in figuring out this problem. I did another full tear down. Cleaned up with iso. There were two coils that came with the kit and I also got some extras with a piece of wire to make my own. The two smaller gauge coils that came in the kit were the ones I have been using. After I did the tear down I built a coil from that piece of extra wire. Now my room temp ohms are .212 and the coil never comes close to glowing with all the same settings I have been using from the start. I am going to investigate the old coils to see if maybe there was some micro strand of wire on both of them that was shorting. Seems unlikely I would have gotten nichrome wire in my kit but maybe something weird happened? I am going to wait until later to inspect. Safe to say it's working a lot better now. Hopefully it's just tweaks from here on out to get it dialed.