Work In Progress Public Beta: STM32 Branch

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by maelstrom2001, Feb 24, 2020.

1. ChainVaper

ChainVaper New Member

I joined the forum just to say thanks for providing this, it is a vast improvement over the stock firmware.

(being used on eLeaf iStick Rim C)

BinPuffin and maelstrom2001 like this.
  2. kimar

kimar New Member

Hey, I've tried flashing my Wismec R80 (Hardware v 1.01) with r80_200713.bin but it failed after waiting for the device to restart. Is this a known issue with this hardware revision? Also the vanilla firmware was 1.09 from Wismec and the latest available one on their download page is 1.08.

When trying to flash the original 1.08 it fails as well, with a warning that I should check the hardware version, which seems to be higher (1.01) than what the firmware is built for (1.00) anyone knows about this new hardware revision and if there is a way to get ArcticFox on it?

Thx!

UPDATE:

After putting the device into safe mode I was able to successfully flash it!

#102 kimar, Oct 28, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  3. ChainVaper

ChainVaper New Member

Guys, I don't know why this is but I think my clock is losing time. It's happened a few times. It is 14:03 now but the device said 13:55. I just set it to the right time again. The battery hasn't been taken out (since updating the firmware about 5 days ago) and I charge it via USB. It's the eLeaf iStick Rim C. Before this I had a Pico with the Arctic Fox firmware and I know the clock on that never lost time. I can't think what it could be, I'll keep an eye on the clock.

4. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!

Probably HW 1.00 and 1.01 has different LDROMS. Anyway, flashing from Safe Mode is a good workaround, glad to know you found it.

JWEI with STM32 have no 32,768 kHz quartz for hardware RTC, so another used internal 40 kHz LSI RC oscillator is not very accurate. You can only slightly adjust its divider: Main Menu -> Settings -> Advanced -> RTCFq. It set to Auto by default (using autocalibration routine), but when you hold and press Fire button on this option, you can force set it. If the clock's late, decrease frequency value and vice versa. Typical value will be from 395 to 405 (39,5 to 40,5 kHz).

5. anon_eleaf

anon_eleaf New Member

Is it better to use newer versions of AF on the Rim C or stick with 200417?

Also, is it possible to increase the cut-off time above 60s for auto-fire? I tend to have longer sessions at low temperatures and 60s is not enough time.

If not, has anyone had success hex editing the binaries to modify this upper value?

6. zurha

zurha New Member

I downloaded the nfe tools from here + the latest bin file but when i connect my rim i get this: [M172] Unknown device.
    So i am not able to update :/

7. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Never mind that.
    It is recognized, and you can flash AF.

8. zurha

zurha New Member

I am able to flash it but whenever I do, my device turns off and a message apears:
    ---------------------------
    Information
    Device is not connected. Update process interrupted.
    OK

9. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Re-Read Resistance, Re-Detect Atomizer.

Display brightness control.
    Battery indicator instead of the clock.
    To avoid NVM corruption, the box should be waked manually after battery replacement by single Fire click.

[​IMG]
    CAUTION: all settings will be restored to defaults after update. Before installing build make backup of your settings with NToolbox, update firmware, and then restore settings from saved file.

#109 maelstrom2001, Feb 6, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    NUING likes this.
  10. tjstyle

tjstyle New Member

Currently, I was designing a vape board using STM32, DC-DC buck-boost topology with an IPS display.
    Mostly it almost the same as DNA75 Color / Quest Chipset.

I'm not yet started developing firmware for the board, I see Arcticfox is a mature aftermarket firmware, I also used it in my old eleaf iStick mod.

So ask to NFE Team are willing to build firmware for the custom board?
    Then in the business aspect when it was ready for mass production, what the better option for us?

Regards,
    TJ.

tim_buktu and maelstrom2001 like this.
  11. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Yes, with pleasure :)
    Let's discuss technical details in PM.

12. Seededcrown

Seededcrown New Member

Well ya never comes close to glowing cuz you built a totally different coil @.212 ohms. Couldn't you have just have turned the watts or volts down aswell?

13. tim_buktu

tim_buktu Member

Hi all,
    I really wonder why this not happened earlier. I was quiet close to suggest exactly that. Why not create an own PCB that is fitting the requirements that you software developer can work with? I am SURE that all the knowledge for creating a device is already here in this forum. Even if the most important part (meaning AF/RP) is already done:cool:
    A few month ago I started a CAD model re-designing a case for the primo board but I did not go further, because I just fixed that annoying Case-GND issue.
    upload_2021-3-23_21-12-50.png

maelstrom2001 and slavyk like this.
  14. justin greenblatt

justin greenblatt New Member

Please help me I have a rim c 80 and a Pico 75 I was able to update AF onto my Pico but I cannot connect my device to configure it it's as if it's not recognized, I'm able to do some of the adjustments manually but some of the main features like turning off the cut off time I cannot do manually. So I decided to invest in a room c thinking that would take care of the problem it only ran into a new problem, it will not update the firmware it only says 'waiting for device". Oh and I bought another Pico thinking mine was just glitching so now I have two Pecos that I have arctic fox installed on but cannot configure fully and a rim c which I cannot even install Arctic Fox on please help me I just want a device that works correctly

15. justin greenblatt

justin greenblatt New Member

I AM one of his loyal customers and he's right I'm on here to find a AFF for my Rim C 80w. Love you matt your the best. And i appreciate all that the NFE fam does and will do

16. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

17. Matrix_RELISE

Matrix_RELISE New Member

Pico X - works good! Thank you very much!

maelstrom2001 likes this.