Work In Progress Public Beta: STM32 Branch

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by maelstrom2001, Feb 24, 2020.

1. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

@TinaEire blessed AIO! I'm done with PODs :D

TinaEire likes this.
  2. TinaEire

TinaEire Member

Sorry it is sooo long ago that I used PODs/AIOs, it was a Joyetech '510' Battery with "atomizer' and tank back in 2012 or 13 :eek::oops:
    Then a VAMO V5 with Nautilus Tank followed and my 1st RTA a Yiloog Fogger, still have it.:cool:

maelstrom2001 likes this.
  3. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

@TinaEire POD, AIO, RxA - these are all terminology questions. I used to call "POD" thing where I can do nothing with, and things with RBA are all-in-one for me.
    After request for Gemini I began to think about it seriously, it's pretty interesting device for me personally.
    I'm in since 2012, it's nice to see contemporaries in vaping :)

#123 maelstrom2001, Jul 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  4. TinaEire

TinaEire Member

And it comes with a 510 adapter, like the Ursa:cool:
    And it is pretty ;P

5. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Oops, not anymore:
    [​IMG]
    It have no DC-DC converter, so yes, @TinaEire, you're absolutely right, it is POD :eek:

TinaEire likes this.
  6. TinaEire

TinaEire Member

*sigh of relieve* about 10min. I was thinking "do I buy it , don't I buy it" before the sale starts in ~16h. Now that is decided for me :p

7. Divinetribe

Divinetribe New Member

Hello good sir, it has been quite a while since i have reached out to you, I hope you are doing well. I have another request , the newest production of picos all come with type c chargers, and i am hearing that no one has been able to update their firmware to Arctic fox with this new model, is there anyway you could help? if you need anything from me let me know, i was able to get the firmware for the rim c, do i need to get firmware for this new pico with type c? if you have time to look into this for me please let me know,

8. TinaEire

TinaEire Member

If you have a look in the >ArcticFox Project>Suggestions list, there are several threads with requests for the newer Picos. I found 4 without sweat:
    https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/is-eleaf-istick-pico-plus-75w-compatible-with-af.5179/
    https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/eleaf-istick-pico-2.5101/
    https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/new-pico-plus.5143/
    https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/will-the-new-pico-2-get-support.5087/#post-13106

9. pete hayes

pete hayes New Member

Hey guys, I'm having trouble getting the "200417" file to even begin downloading. I'm able to download the NFE Tools v190718 zip file & the "210331" file downloads, but I'm struggling to get the one I need. I have the iStick Rimc & all the research I've done tells me that this public beta file is the only way I can get AF on my rimc. I appreciate any assistance y'all can provide, thank you!!

10. Megamorter

Megamorter New Member

Hello! Signed up to say thank you so much for the development time. Rim C's slapping with the beta.

Some info about the beta on Rim C:

I find that the "Atomizer not found" message pops up specifically when the resistance of the wire exceeds 0.7.
    I've had mine firing for 20 seconds at a time, to 270-320 and it's sufficient time to let it cool down to below 0.7 so I can fire it again.
    Not sure if this is of help, or the trigger to the error message is already known but that's what I've observed from use so far.

Thanks a million again, cheers.

Serguei likes this.
  11. dakazze

dakazze New Member

Sorry for not reading all 7 pages here, I just wanted to leave this here hoping it might help somehow:

Big fan of AF for years now. I´ve been using my Rim C for over a year now and I´ve always had issues when using the current AF beta. I even thought it could be a hardware issue so I disassembled it and couldnt find any issues with the board or any of the contacts.
    After hitting "fire" it is very hit or miss if it will show me the dreaded "no atomizer" message which is not affected by atomizer or coil.
    I reflashed and setup AF a few times with no effect but flashing back to original FW (1.08) all problems are gone.
    As soon as there is a new version I will happily test it thoroughly!

12. tim_buktu

tim_buktu Member

Hello @dakazze,
    to help you out with this, you would need to provide some more details of the problem.
    What mode are you in? TC-Mode: what wire profile? What wire material are you using, what cold resistance...?
    Can you provide a screenshot of the device monitor?
    Thank you.

13. Serguei

Serguei New Member

Istick rimC AtomizerLost when thermo triggers issue!!!! Settings: Mode SS, coil ss316L, cold coil 0.52ohm max wattage 20w max temp 220degrees.
    Please help!!! Sounds as firmware bug.

14. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

There is no such message. Also read p. 7.6 of the Manual: all atomizer errors have additional statuses.

15. Serguei

Serguei New Member

16. Serguei

Serguei New Member

Sorry , "Atomizer Not Found"!!!

Attached Files:

17. Serguei

Serguei New Member

I have exactly the same problem. Did U found how to fix?

18. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

@Megamorter, @dakazze, @Serguei, please try attached build and leave your response.
    I have early Rim C and can not reproduce the issue you mention, but I try to fix it. Maybe Eleaf has updated the hardware? IDK, but for a year+ you're the first who reported about.

Attached Files:

Victorrego likes this.
  19. Serguei

Serguei New Member

Unfortunatly nothing changed. :-(

20. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

1. Make a puff finished with "Atomizer not found" and record data with Device Monitor with all charts enabled, then save data to .csv file and attach it here.
    2. Try to turn on PI-regulator with default settings and compare the results with current state.

Victorrego likes this.