Resistance reads twice as high

Discussion in 'Archive' started by M@rco, Apr 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M@rco

M@rco New Member

Sorry in advance if this has been answered before, I used the search and went through the documentation, but can't find an answer.

Yesterday I received a Joyetech Evic Primo Mini, with stock firmware 6.0.7 installed. As I hadn't been using NFE/ArcticFox for quite some time, I downloaded it including the most recent firmware.

I made a SS316 coil, reading 1.02 ohm on both my ohm meter, on stock firmware and on two other devices. However when flashing the latest (february) firmware, my resistance suddenly reads a bit over twice the actually value, around 2.15 ohm. I reflashed it, same result. I tried the previous firmware from december, same result. Then I rolled back to stock, resistance is now reading correctly again at 1.02 ohm.

Is this a known issue? I never experienced anything like this on my VTC minis or on my Wismec Presa TCs?

Anyone can help me out? ArcticFox was actually my main reason to order two Primo Mini's but this way I unfortunately can't use it.

2. M@rco

M@rco New Member

Tried again with two different atomizers, same result. On stock firmware resistance of kanthal and SS316 reads correctly, on other mods it reads correctly, but as soon as I flash the latest release of ArcticFox on my Primo Mini, the resistance reading is double as high as it should be. Is there anyone that can help me out? I'd love to use ArcticFox again :-/

3. X-R4Y

X-R4Y Active Member

Have you flashed a locked resistance to your device? Check profiles and erase saved resistances while holding +/- buttons. Check the profile tabs within AF on your PC and make sure no resistances are locked in. Descrew the atomizer, erase resistances in profiles, reattach the atomizer and assign it to your profile you like. You can also make a key-combination for re-reading resistance/atomizer if you like on your PC.

4. M@rco

M@rco New Member

Thanks for your reply @X-R4Y. I haven't flashed a locked resistance to my device. All the profiles were at their default values,the first atomizer I tried was build fresh right before flashing ArcticFox, I checked it's resistance on my ohm-meter. Checked contacts to be sure, checked on other mods, all give the correct ohm reading, except... ArcticFox. I've used NFE firmware for a long, long time (even before it became ArcticFox and this forum even existed -so I'm quite familiar with it's capabilities), I just haven't had a capable device over the past few months, that's why I'm so surprised of this incorrect readings suddenly, even with other atomizers.

5. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

@M@rco please check hardware version, is it higher than 1.00? If so, it seems that Joyetech updated hardware and we have to add support for it :)

6. M@rco

M@rco New Member

@maelstrom2001 Thanks for your reply, I thought I was about to go nuts. If 1.00 is the latest supported hardware version, they apparently have done some (hardware) updates:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance for looking into it. I'll keep an eye on the future releases and will stick with stock firmware for now.

Best regards,
    Marco

7. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Exactly. Joyetech did 1.01 hardware for Primo Mini which is almost identical to Primo SE (another current sense circuit and max. output current is 30 amps), that's why resistance read twice as high.
    Will upload build with support of this hardware here tonight and will ask you to test it :)
    And thank you for info!

M@rco likes this.
  8. M@rco

M@rco New Member

My previous message is awaiting moderation, but it is HW version 1.01. If there's anything I can do or provide, for you to be able to support it, just let me know :)

Edit: Wow, you're quick :D

9. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

nyos8883 and M@rco like this.
  10. M@rco

M@rco New Member

Tested with a kanthal build, resistance is measured correctly :)! Will try tomorrow with SS316 build and report back.

Thanks for the incredibly fast test build @maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 likes this.
  11. M@rco

M@rco New Member

Tested ArcticFox build 180409 with a SS316 build at 0.629 Ω today, works like a charm. Resistance on the Primo Mini (HW version 1.01) is very accurate, actually more accurate than I've ever seen on a Joyetech device, the actual difference is too little to even justify a shunt correction. So @maelstrom2001, if resistance readings were the only thing to test, this build has passed summa cum laude as far as I'm concerned :)

Let me know if there's anything else to check. Thanks again for the fast update!

maelstrom2001 likes this.
  12. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

@M@rco great, thank you very much for testing and response!

M@rco likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.