RX GEN3 hotter than stock firmware

Discussion in 'Issues' started by DRACX, Dec 3, 2017.

1. DRACX

DRACX New Member

since I use AF, I notice that the mod is hotter with the use, using everything exactly the same, same wats ohm etc, why is this normal or not?

2. X-R4Y

X-R4Y Active Member

Flash back to original and check if it is still getting hotter. Check battery wraps.

DRACX likes this.
  3. DRACX

DRACX New Member

everything is perfect, I have returned to the firm stock and it does not happen that overheating. Obviously it is a firm problem, or I think there is a change in the delivery of power and this is more demanded by the mod

4. DRACX

DRACX New Member

otherwise, the brightness of the screen can not be set at more than 49%, but causes problems.

5. X-R4Y

X-R4Y Active Member

That´s a known issue with brightness as far as i know. But this issue is hardware related. Which terms are set during "heatup" of the device? Wattage-Mode, TC... some more infos would be usefull i guess.

6. DRACX

DRACX New Member

using a dual ammit, with resistances at 0.17 ohm in wats mode at 100w, you can notice in the hand that the mod gets hotter. (where the screen would be), with preheat disabled etc

7. punkt

punkt New Member

thats exactly what happened to me with eleaf Invoke, hot mod, huge standby drain. a hand warmer in winter, but not ok. on my picos everything is normal

8. Costin.P

Costin.P New Member

Had same issues. Open battery dorr , there are 2 "gold" screws there. Tightem carefuly. After i did that temperature seems to be normal. Let me know if it works for you as well

9. EclipseGT

EclipseGT New Member

Worked for me! I tightened up the 2 gold screws and now box doesn't get hot and i also noticed my coil resistance drop back down closer to advertised range ( was reading .20 now back at .156)

BammBamm and Costin.P like this.
  10. SEEKNDESTROY

SEEKNDESTROY Member

Carefully tightening the gold screws worked for me as well.
    I didn't notice mine getting hot because of the thick sleeve from Mod Shield that I've been using ever since I bought the mod (about 6 months ago). For some reason, last night, I decided to leave the sleeve off and noticed the heat around the charging/data port and the (+) and (-) buttons. Just like @EclipseGT my resistance in my RDTA was reading .25 and now it's back to .16 where it was before it got hot.
    If you use a sleeve and your resistance reads higher than it should, take the sleeve off and vape without it... if your mod gets really warm or hot below the screen, then carefully tighten the golden screws (Heck tighten them regardless and clean your contacts). You don't have to put the kung fu grip to it, mine were lose so slightly that I couldn't tell if I tightened the screws or not.

My guess is, opening and closing the battery door is loosening the screws ever so slightly over time to cause the heat and resistance problem or the factory is not tightening the screws enough.

BammBamm likes this.
  11. BammBamm

BammBamm New Member

Wow... *HUGE* thanks, Costin, and mad props to Eclipse & Seek for chiming in with confirmation. The battery door on my Gen3 was becoming insanely HOT just below the lower-left-hand edge of the display.

*LOVE* this Gen3! The puff counter just rolled over for the first time (1,000+), and this was the first and only issue I've run into. Thanks again, all!! :)

12. Hubbly

Hubbly New Member

My gen3 was getting so hot you would almost burn your hand this fixed it right away thank you