Screenshots through NFETools question

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by ajape, Apr 12, 2019.

1. ajape

ajape New Member

I'm assuming that neither the Espion nor the Ravage are currently compatible with the Screenshot taking tool in the NFETools, but I only have my experience with my Ravage 230 to go by. My question is, are there currently any plans to make the screenshot tool work for the RedPanda compatible devices too? Thank you.

2. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    Since the framebuffer is physically located in the display module, we have to read this memory area to create a screenshot. Unfortunately, the display controller model is still unknown, and its command set can be determined partially with disassembling OEM firmware only. In OEM firmware, the reading of the framebuffer is not implemented, and the commands found for similar controllers, alas, does not work for this display. So, most likely, this feature will never be available.

3. ajape

ajape New Member

I understand, and thank you so much for your prompt and informative reply, very kind of you. I guess we'll just have to go old school and just find the perfect light conditions so that the screen looks clear enough for the camera to grab in full detail and focus, hehehe Thank you!