TC not reading temperature while firing

Discussion in 'Issues' started by Alex Michelson, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Alex Michelson

Alex Michelson New Member

Hi, I am trying to set up TC using a dual coil fused clapton coming int at .16 ohms. I have locked the resistance at room temp. However, when I use the device monitor, the coil temperature never climes past 70 degrees F while pressing the fire button. As soon as I release the fire button the temperature climbs up.

How can I get the mod to read the temperature as it is being fired? It is limiting power, but it never climbs or drops more then 3 watts.

Thanks

2. spado

spado Member

It sounds like you're not using a temperature sensing material.
    Take a look at this video and let me know if you figured out the problem:

slavyk likes this.
  3. Alex Michelson

Alex Michelson New Member

I know a lot about how temperature control works. The build I was running was dual SS316L claptons, so its definitely a temperature sensing material.
    The temperature control worked with the same rda and coils on another mod (A pulse 80W) but that doesn't have enough power for what I am trying to do like the RX Gen 3 does.

The mod did seem to fluctuate power, but only slightly, and the vapor continued to get hotter the longer the drag was. I changed the TCR/TFR settings slightly (from 88-120 and everything in between I believe) and it did not seem to make a difference.

4. spado

spado Member

Then all I can think of is this, but as far as I understand that problem would not have you at a constant 70F with no variation.

#4 spado, Dec 27, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  5. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Well, if you know a lot about how temperature control works, you can get answer from Device Monitor data.
    Make puff and watch Live Resistance chart, it should rise during a puff, and of course, it should be higher than locked "cold" coil resistance.
    If you can't figure it out, attach CSV data including standby and puff, with all charts enabled.