The best box supported by ArcticFox

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by igipit, Jul 5, 2017.

1. igipit

igipit New Member

Hello people,
    I'm using the last ArcticFox firmware (AF) on both my Predator 228's with great satisfaction.
    But while AF is a top class software that allows to get the best from supported hardware, I would like to see a ranking of the supported hardware: software is important but also hardware is very important to get a great vaping experience.

I suppose that not all the supported boxes are created equal: different nuvoton processors (Cortex M0 or M4), different wiring quality, different 510 quality an so on.
    And who better than the AF developers would know how the different boxes behave?

For instance, which is the most accurate box in the dynamic measure of temperature in TC mode? I assume that measure accuracy depends on the current shunt tolerance, on the PCB layout, on the quality of the attached instrumentation amplifier (if any) , on the resolution (number of bits) and on the speed of the ADC channel, on the tolerance of the ADC voltage reference and so on.

2. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Personally I'm very pleased with Primo (1st gen, not 2.0) :cool: very fast, responsive and accurate. Did not faced any issues with 510 (such as common "Atomizer short"), perhaps I was lucky with the build quality.

3. xarcjive

xarcjive New Member

What do you think of the Sinuous P80? Do you know if the 510 connection is better than the Primo?

4. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Looks horrible, hardware and software are very similar to Primo Mini. Possible poor autonomy due to battery door and common grounding design.

5. igipit

igipit New Member

@maelstrom2001 :

Hello and congratulation for developing ArcticFox. I'm sorry that source code is no more public (as in myEvic) but it is understandable.
    The opportunity to talk to you is too good to miss asking you some questions.
    Do you have the electrical schema of the circuits in the boxes supported by ArcticFox?
    If not, what information do you need to port the software on a new box model?
    Do you know at least the uC model and the pin numbers used to measure the coil current, the coil voltage drop and the battery voltage, for all the supported boxes?

Would not it be a good idea to publish such informations?

6. darkhawk

darkhawk New Member

Are you saying that you hate the looks of the P80? or that the internal design/processor is horrible?
    I don't really need a two battery mod, and found the Primo Mini will be good for my needs. and is planning on soldering a negative wire to get a more accurate temp control when I get it. Now I'm thinking of canceling the order.
    It would a very good idea if you guys started making boards. I own a DNA and honestly, Arctic fox is leagues better, it just needs better hardware.
    I agree with igipit. We do need a ranking of the mods based on construction, processor, wiring, 510 connection and overall build quality.

russell.chan.984 likes this.
  7. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Its look is a matter of taste and generally a separate topic for discussion :) Generally I mean another thing:
    [​IMG]
    Look at the design of the battery lid. I highlighted in red the path from negative pole of battery to the chassis. Do you think this contact will really be good?
    And taking a look on Primo Mini:
    [​IMG]
    And we already know for sure that nothing good came of it. Primo Mini does not have a very good disposal of the battery capacity, and it is for this reason.

Vaper likes this.
  8. darkhawk

darkhawk New Member

Thanks for the reply. I see your point.
    So in your opinion, what's the current best single 18650 mod that supports Arctic Fox?

9. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

IMHO it is eVic VTwo Mini.

10. xarcjive

xarcjive New Member

Agreed. I have a few VTwo-mini's and they've been great little mods. Newer isn't necessarily better it seems - some of the later devices from Joyetech have design issues.

#10 xarcjive, Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    maelstrom2001 likes this.
  11. Scaldyballs

Scaldyballs Member

Single battery mod, Im using the Evic VTC mini and I must say its a great little single battery mod. Have a few 2 battery mods Im also using but I just love the little evic mini , shes a sturdy little fecker.

Vaper likes this.
  12. Gedeon

Gedeon Member

If you don't mind reglueing these poping out magnets ;)

williamclarkonet likes this.
  13. Scaldyballs

Scaldyballs Member

Dunno bout magnets. Got it for free a week or two ago so decided to use it for the craic. seems like a grand little yoke.

14. Gedeon

Gedeon Member

Time will tell then... I do love my Evic Vtwo Mini though ;)

15. traianescu

traianescu New Member

is it pico 25 better than primo mini se ?

16. Vaper

Vaper New Member

I have just ordered a spare (5th actually) VTC Mini as they appear to have been discontinued along with the VTwo Mini.

Still waiting for the P80 to appear (lost in the post) but the other single cell options are dubious at least.

The Primo Mini has all the sharp edges around the battery flap and that crappy sticker with the sharp edges, so not a lot of other decent options for single cell Joye chip based mods as far as I can see.

The VF Stout is a stupid design and the RX75 is kind of weird as well - lol

If only they had made a VTC Mini with a ~24mm width to accommodate some of the newer odd sized tanks :/

17. X-R4Y

X-R4Y Active Member

I am waiting for the "Predator evolved" - as known as Sinuous FJ200 - but with centered 510 connection and NOT builtin battery. :)

18. PedroLX

PedroLX Member

Is this mod more accurate than the pico 25 (does it have a ADC with better resolution or faster sampling times) ? From the pictures I have seen it does look like the wiring to the battery does not use the chassis has a common ground...

19. mjones

mjones New Member

That's exactly what I want! 2x 18650s please.

20. traianescu

traianescu New Member