Unable to install on Eleaf Pico 2

Discussion in 'Issues' started by EAleixandre, Oct 9, 2019.

1. EAleixandre

EAleixandre New Member

Hi! I don't know if this is the best place to post this, so feel free to move it. My Eleaf Pico 2 started to have an issue, the minus button was pressing itself every now and then so my watts turned down to 1. Sometimes it'd just stop and I could just turn it up again and vape normally, but others it would just stuck like that for hours, so if I try to turn it up I just get the keylock (from pressing + and - at the same time...).
    So, I thought about getting a custom firmware to disable the "-" button and get rid of the problem, because now it is definitely stuck. The button itself doesnt seem like it, I mean I can still press it and it "clicks", but still seems like it is pressing itself forever. My problem is that when I try to install the firmware I get an error on "Waiting for the device to restart", so the firmware doesnt really get installed. In the official firmware app i get a device status error, so I cant upgrade from there. Maybe the "-" button being hold is affecting the upgrade? Is there something I can do about it?

2. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    The firmware update process is using LDROM, it is a kind of bootloader. When you start firmware update with NToolbox or OEM updater, the box boot LDROM and waiting for firmware, but update process may be interrupted by pressing "-" button, and the box will restart user code area (APROM).
    You have to take the box apart and fix "-" button stuck, otherwise LDROM will not work properly and you can not update the firmware in any way.