Unofficial Vaporesso Swag & Armour Pro, Hotcig RSQ, Vandy Vape Pulse 80W

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Surfparadise, Jun 15, 2018.

1. joeblowma

joeblowma Member

Points at my tote with all the ARM dev boards and various boards like STM32F4-Discovery that have a breakaway ST-Link onboard (that I probably long ago re-flashed with a better open source firmware) and the soldering iron perpetually on the edge of my desk.

Wait... was that even a question? :p

maelstrom2001 likes this.
  2. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

[​IMG]

Use 3 TPs on the PCB and common grounding to connect ST-Link. VDD is 3,0 volts.
    [​IMG]

There is no read protection, so you can make the full dump of the OEM firmware.
    Flash boot.bin (at default 0x08000000). This is the common bootloader with device ID "P80W" and activated +/- buttons to force enter/leave safe mode.
    Then you can flash pulse_210803.bin with NToolbox Updater.

Attached Files:

joeblowma likes this.
  3. joeblowma

joeblowma Member

:) Christmas in summer comes once again! Gonna have to work for this one though, the ST CubeProgrammer software won't run on my win10 machine, starts to open then vanishes. The older st-link util runs and lets me dump it (I think it's a good dump, looks like the interrupts are all there anyway), but when I try to flash the BL it gives an error message about fuses needing to be reset blinks for a good while and does nothing, eventually giving a connection error or an error with regards to reset. Still working as OEM though :confused:

Haven't figured out where I stashed the older PC tools like stlink/st-flash to try yet which might work, other than that it's down to either needing a RST or I need to get unlazy and supply the 3V myself instead of just powering the board with a 20700 which seemed to work.

tl;dr: it's looking like it's gonna take me a couple days to figure out where the problem is :oops:

Attached Files:

maelstrom2001 likes this.
  4. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

I've used CubeProgrammer and a copy of ST-Link v2. First I try older ST-Link Utility and has a bunch of connection issues. Also think about RST, but CubeProgrammer flawessly did the work with SWCLK and SWDIO only. The PCB was powered from USB.

joeblowma likes this.
  5. joeblowma

joeblowma Member

Perfect! Finally got it working! Have a couple tips from "the hard way"!
    1. If CubeProgrammer dies after splash screen... they don't check for dependencies apparently, it needs the correct JRE (in my case I have 32bit JRE installed, but tried 64bit program, switching to 32bit program worked).
    2. Be prepared to update your ST-Link firmware if you haven't used it for a while, and replug it's usb after and hit refresh by the device drop down (where it says something like "old ST-") in Cube
    3. Use a native USB port, used (the on-mobo but add-on chip for USB3.0 port) on my PC just gave "no debug probe detected" errors.
    4. USB power to the board keeps it active when the screen goes down on official firmware unlike battery
    5. Verify button function on reassembly, I got it all back together before I noticed the fire button worked but was weird... the rubber bit on the back of the button fell inside :D
    Thanks once again @maelstrom2001 nothing I love more than putting ArcticFox on yet another box! af_pulse80.jpg

TinaEire and maelstrom2001 like this.
  6. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Many thanks for these top-notch tips [​IMG]
    And congrats with another old box running AF, thank you for sharing your experience [​IMG]
    Glad to do it not just for a personal fun.

TinaEire and joeblowma like this.
  7. joeblowma

joeblowma Member

Thank you for sharing your fun! I swear every time I dig out my micro boards I sink more time into getting the software working for the boards than I do actually using them :confused: thankfully this time didn't include getting a toolchain working too:cool:

TinaEire and maelstrom2001 like this.
  8. kwonton

kwonton New Member

Would it be possible to run af on the pulse 2?

9. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

I'm sorry, no.