vaporizer dried herbs mod fw

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Sephir, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sephir

Sephir New Member

in the meantime, congratulations for your incredible firmware. I would have an idea but I do not know if it's feasible.
    why not implement a menu to make the box similar to the functions of a dry herb vaporizer? In order to keep the box in continuous supply active that goes beyond 10 seconds, setting either constant temperature value or even 4 programmable steps to reach different temperatures over time. you could use our boxes with atomizers for dry herbs. The temperature range varies between 130-230 °. So you can vaporize any kind of dry grass or tobacco. It is activated with a click of the fire button, to pause with a second click, it goes off with three clicks. When paused, the temperature value could be changed manually. They would not need high wattages should not compromise the box. Do you think it's feasible?

2. Coyote

Coyote Member

The problem with dry herb isn’t the box, it’s the atomizer. You’d need an atomizer with TC wire and a way to hold dry herb. I don’t vape herb, but every atomizer I’ve seen for it uses kanthal. The boxes that do TC on herb have integrated atomizers.

3. tailland

tailland New Member

How about wax? Would that be possible?

4. Sephir

Sephir New Member

Obviously the atomizer is very different as a structure but not too much as it works.
    Just use the temperature control as we already do, to have a 'controlled' temperature that will obviously be less precise than a product with a dedicated tr.
    However, you would need a box that maintains it automatically without having to hold down the fire button.
    Set the temperature, press the fire button and stay on without having to hold down the button for as long as you want.
    Better with the settings I've listed, similar to products for sale.

5. spado

spado Member

6. Sephir

Sephir New Member

Thanks, I had not seen it. In fact it was what I would have liked to have been implemented (better) on articfox. To have a more versatile box like expensive vaporizers. It would be nice on a 2/3 wismac to make the most of battery life and power. Will there ever be hope that you will develop the artic fw with ALSO similar functionality?

7. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Sorry, no.

8. Huffmybrd

Huffmybrd New Member

hate to hijack the thread but is there any way to extend the puff cut off time to 20-25 seconds?

9. Sephir

Sephir New Member

sin. it seemed like a nice idea and relatively simple to make. Anyway, in theory, just extend the limit of the fire button, and with artic you can do it now. It works, even if it is a little inconvenient.

10. spado

spado Member

myevic did support the RX2/3 (latest commit I see is New RX2/3 Hardware Version (1.02)). If you have one around, try flashing the firmware and let me know if it worked. If not, you should always be able to boot in safe mode (hold the fire button while you plug the USB cable in without any batteries in the mod) and flash back AF.
    Also, another option is using a VapCap, like you can see here: https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/6gs3as/another_quick_vapcap_coil_demo/
    About this last option you can PM me if you need more info, as I have been enjoying it with AF (particularly using the re-detect atomizer button setting because of the coil short errors that metal to coil contact causes)

11. Sephir

Sephir New Member

I do not understand and do not speak English, I can hardly understand what you mean. Should I put myevic custom firmware for what reason? Is there a system similar to the one I described among the functions?
    Because my goal was to have both modes in a single fw, both for vape and dry grass.
    I saw your link, my modified atom is based on a ccell ceramic tri coil, just put the tobacco in the tank dedicated to liquids and send to temperature. The problem is precisely that of controlling the temperature automatically, (as all the fw already do), but activating the key once without manually pressing it. If necessary, pause it. I should recompile the artic and dedicate one of the many memories available to a specific function, but it is far beyond my ability. A pity that developers do not intend to implement anything like that. They created an amazing CFW, with their abilities they would be able to create a dry grass box that would wreck the DaVinci vaporizer (which costs a kidney and does little more than a normal box)

12. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

No discussion of other firmwares, please. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.