Wismec r80

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by linker, Apr 30, 2020.

1. linker

linker New Member

Awesome pod-device with an adapter for 510 connector. I think this is nerfed RIM-C with TFT screen
    Firmware is already available.
    lsusb is defined as a stm32 device,
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0483: 5750 ST Microelectronics LED badge - mini LED display - 11x44
    [​IMG]
    If additional information is required, let me know.

ironfeather likes this.
  2. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

#2 maelstrom2001, Apr 30, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  3. linker

linker New Member

Sad but expected. Anyway, thanks for what you do.

maelstrom2001 likes this.
  4. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Thank you for understanding :)
    I'm trying to cross ArcticFox Foxy with RedPanda within 2 weeks, and this is a quite difficult task, as it turned out.
    But support of this display resolution is on the way, so there will be no definite "no". It just takes a huge time and probably the dedicated RedPanda branches for such devices as: R80, Tinkers by Wismec, Espion Infinite by Joyetech and Saurobox by Eleaf. Multiple branches are due to different controllers, cause these box models by JWEI were built with Nuvoton and STM32 as well. You can imagine the amount of work :D

P. S. STM32 branch takes precedence, cause I personally am interested to use Armour Pro running our products.

#4 maelstrom2001, May 4, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
    slavyk and ironfeather like this.
  5. Kisomen

Kisomen New Member

So You are planning Vaporesso Pro Armour as well? Will this mean TVL Revenant Delta as well? As far as I know it uses the same chipset, but only works in wattage mode. It would be nice to see that it would uses TC as well. :)

6. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Not anymore :D
    [​IMG]
    It is already working and I will take a break for testing.
    But there is a nuance: installing the firmware is quite tricky, and you'll need a soldering iron.
    And the good news: we have 80x160 display on STM32 a least.

https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/about-requests-for-new-device-support.237/#post-11942

ironfeather, TomHa and Kisomen like this.
  7. Kisomen

Kisomen New Member

Looks promising :)

So You need to solder as well? That`s a shame, as the Revenant Delta is gorgeous mod, didn`t planned to open it, mostly becaause of it`s squonk system, but as far as I know it utilizes the same Omniboard 4.0 as the armour pro.

8. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Are you not tired yet of believing such marketing nonsense? :D

ironfeather likes this.
  9. Kisomen

Kisomen New Member

I`m not an expert on this matter, can You please explain what You were thinking of exactly? (I`m really stupid, but I want to learn, know more about this :) )

10. ironfeather

ironfeather New Member

On the marketing bs part, I was told that AS chip on Aegis Legend is also a Nuvoton in fact, forgot the exact model, so it’s true...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Exactly. The marketing concept of a "Chip" is not defined. The "Chip" for consumers means some combination of characteristics such as input voltage, output power, display type etc. For embedded developers it means nothing.
    For us, the main characteristic is MCU used in the certain board. For example, all JWEI boards are positioned as "Avatar Controls Chip". However, we have the various range of used MCU's and display types, and each implementation requires the adaptation. We supporting 2 main branches - ArcticFox and RedPanda. Both are "Avatar Controls Chip", but they're so different that it is impossible to put unified code in firmware. It's kind of marketing nonsense.
    Going on. For some time now Avatar Chips using STM32. How, for the sake, manufacturer can place Nuvoton and STM on the same board? Sorry, it's a bullshit. These are completely different architectures, and there is no universal board for both Nuvoton and STM. The 3rd branch. And the 4th for STM32 + TFT displays.
    Who's next? Hello, Omniboard. I have Omniboard 4.0 absolutely perfect running core code from Omniboard 2.0. All that has changed is the type of display and the bootloader. And what is the real reason? Right, the same STM32F072CBT MCU on the both boards :D
    So please do not consider that one marketing name means universal architecture. This is not so at all. Like a different name from different manufacturers can mean the same thing.
    Sorry for the large amount of text.

12. ironfeather

ironfeather New Member

I think I know how the manufacturers, probably just manufacturer in Shenzhen do, it is all depends on the brand makers/marketeers costing...remember the Espion 200 and Revage 230, almost same internal...

13. ironfeather

ironfeather New Member

Btw, here are some info on the aegis legend...

Microcontroller: Nuvoton NUC126LG4AE
    Cortex-M0
    256k flash rom (APROM)
    20k SRAM
    2k dataflash
    32-bit ARMv6-M with Thumb-2
    APROM Region is 0x0000_0000 to 0x0003_FFFF.

14. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

The funny thing is not even this. We can even support and iJoy boxes like Shogun Univ, but... the devil is in the details :D
    Even within the same name, the boards are so different that we immediately say "no". Anyway, JWEI has the priority. Vaporesso is for the pleasure. Unofficially :D

15. ironfeather

ironfeather New Member

Thank you so much, I enjoy my RX300 and Espion like never before, almost abandoning my DNA250c...
    Keep up the good works!

slavyk and maelstrom2001 like this.
  16. Kisomen

Kisomen New Member

Hi Maelstrom,
    thank You for clearing that up for me. I thought whenever they write (for in my particular) for example Omniboard 4.0, that doesn`t necessary means, that the chipset is identical as well, if I get that right. :) So this means, there will be no Arctic Fox or Red Panda for the Revenant Delta. :)
    Thank You for clearing this up for me :)

17. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

I'll ask you directly: can you read?
    Again:
    And now, thanks to you personally - no, not planned. Never at all. Farewell.

18. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Now on the topic: the box is ordered. I don’t know why, but since I promised, I have to do it. This is a very strange mod, it seems, without a output converter at all, so please do not wait for miracles. Before I receive it, there can be no beta firmware. While it looks very similar to iJust. So far, everything is very disappointing. Let's wait for delivery.

ironfeather likes this.
  19. ironfeather

ironfeather New Member

R80?

20. linker

linker New Member

[​IMG]
    great news. It is sad that I already ordered pico x. :)
    A mod with maximally basic functions and, I think, a minimum of components for this, so I do not expect miracles. Simple functions for power monitoring and profiles are enough for me.
    I found a photo of R80 pcb on ecigtalk.ru

But now this is a trend and there will be more such devices. For example, Drag R.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      407.2 KB
      Views:
    #20 linker, May 11, 2020
    Last edited: May 11, 2020