Wismec Ravage 230 - Support with Full-Color Display

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by X-R4Y, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Jerryn

Jerryn Member

Logo stuff might be added with use of the builtin EEPROM, but I think it would make the UI much less responsive, and you would have to deal with the screen redrawing, which took almost a second on the original firmware, I am glad that RP doesn't suffer with this, otherwise I am more about funcionality which is awesome with RP so I don't even mind not being able to change the colors, but still it would be a nice feature.

Arne (GER) likes this.
  2. Tarsaljungle

Tarsaljungle New Member

Been using this firmware for a couple of days and I must say it works great! TC finally works (it didn't on stock fw). The only issue I have with this firmware for ravage 230 is that if I turn on stealth mode and I short press the fire button, the screen turns back on until I take a puff. Other than that, great work and I'm looking forward to the new features

3. Daggersl

Daggersl New Member

Thanks to everyone that contributed on this excellent release! My Espion definitely feels a lot better now.
    Only thing that I'm missing is the analog clock, especially when mod is off.

Thanks again guys!

maelstrom2001 likes this.
  4. Coyote

Coyote Member

That’s by design, it is so you can look at the screen without turning stealth off. If you have “wake <>” off you also have to click fire before up/down will work.

5. Jerryn

Jerryn Member

Not sure if you want to have just quick glance on the clock by pressing a button or have it stay there all the time, but I would be strongly against displaying the same thing on the OLED display for prolonged time to prevent burn in.

What I just miss is the clock when I hit fire button while mod is off, as it was on the original, but it's not a big deal.

6. Daggersl

Daggersl New Member

Yeah, that's what I meant. Just a nice feature, not a deal breaker. And TC finally works!

7. Coyote

Coyote Member

If the mod is off, fire+up will show the date and time. Fire+down is the info screen. Up+Down flips the screen.

I would like to see date/time moved to a quick press of the fire or function button.

These mods have a TFT LCD with an LED backlight. They’re not OLED so there’s no burn-in to worry about. Leaving the backlight on would drain the batteries tho.

Daggersl likes this.
  8. Daggersl

Daggersl New Member

Great, thanks for the tip!

9. Jerryn

Jerryn Member

Thanks for the info, I have read somewhere that it's OLED, but it seemed strange that there was a backlight leak on the black background, which shouldn't happen for OLED.. this explains it :)

10. tortue

tortue New Member

I was in holidays when i saw this hot news, and i couldn't wait to get back to home to try it !
    And i'm really happy to finally being able to use a mod which can handle coils under 0.1 :)
    In the purpose of testing coils for my mech mods, it does the job very well and i would like to say a big "thank you" to the dev team ! :cool:
    Now it's time to explore the possibilities of RedPanda, because at the moment i've only to try to fire a few puffs on 0.08 coils, (i wanted to tell everyone how i'm happy first ^^)

ReikoKitsune and maelstrom2001 like this.
  11. Dadasuprem

Dadasuprem New Member

Awesome ! Good work guys like ever.

ReikoKitsune and maelstrom2001 like this.
  12. Wietjuh

Wietjuh New Member

Just ordered my Ravage230, so when im back from holiday i have something to play with! Love the new RP design!

13. Paaweł

Paaweł New Member

Witam,

Czy menu może być w języku np. po polsku - ravage230

14. bauly

bauly New Member

Hello,

Just a little return about Red Panda on Joyetech Espion.
    I install it the first day of release. I use it on variwatt, so i dont use all the potential, but i like :
    -the charge display, excellent screen !
    - Ability to choose data to display and their place on Template.
    - The saver screen with hour & date in "European format"

I try to return on on the factory firmware cause clock function miss me, but 2 day later i reinstall redpanda !
    Ur system is so far better than original. Near 1 month of use, and everything is allright.
    Hope u will continue to bring us some function, Template,...i look the forum Everyday to say if another version is available cause i am fan :)

15. Bluegizmo83

Bluegizmo83 New Member

Awesome work you guys! Just ordered me a Ravage230 now that I know there is an Arctic Fox variant available for it! One question, any idea when we'll get the NFirmwareEditor definition file for Red Panda (and an update to NFirmwareEditor if it's needed)?

16. Coyote

Coyote Member

As far as I know that might take a while, if ever. The issue is there isn’t enough space in flash for high-resolution color graphics. The stock firmware uses an external serial EEPROM but it is very slow, that’s why the stock UI lags so much.

17. Bluegizmo83

Bluegizmo83 New Member

Thanks for the reply, that's interesting. Now that's got me wondering, I've never seen the inside of the ravage230 yet, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to upgrade the flash memory somehow... I guess realistically though even if it were possible, it's probably not something most people would be willing to do.

18. Coyote

Coyote Member

The flash is part of the CPU. The external memory is how Wismec upgraded it, but it’s slow.

19. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    Сurrently external flash memory is not used with RedPanda. It is possible that in the future this functionality will be used for wallpapers, logos, fonts, skins, etc.

20. Bluegizmo83

Bluegizmo83 New Member

Awesome, thanks for the response!