Wismec Ravage 230 - Support with Full-Color Display

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by X-R4Y, Dec 20, 2017.

1. magaro

magaro New Member

How i upgrade my Ravage230 device on PC? Batteries removed? Must i hold a button during upgrade?
    Thanks for a reply my Ravage230 will arrive the next days.

And another question. I have installed ArcticFox on my Pico Duals (batteries removed) now working with the tools on Mac it needs the batteries to write to the device - for example resetting puffs only work with built in batteries - correct?

#161 magaro, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  2. Bluegizmo83

Bluegizmo83 New Member

Step 1: Download NFE Tools version: [P1] NFE Tools v180510

Step 2: Install NFE Tools version: [P1] NFE Tools v180510

Step 3: Download RedPanda 180510 bin file

Step 4: Insert batteries in your Ravage230 and connect the USB cable to your device and computer

Step 5: Run NToolbox application (from NFE Tools install location) and click "Firmware Updater" at the bottom

Step 6: Click "Update From File" and choose the bin file you downloaded in step 3

Step 7: Wait a few seconds for it to complete the firmware flash, click OK when finished, disconnect your device and ENJOY!!

magaro and maelstrom2001 like this.
  3. magaro

magaro New Member

Okay thank you for your reply - i have googled and couldnt find a real answer - there is a video in youtube - connecting device with pushed + button - batteries removed for a Wismec original upgrade - some threads say dont use batteries an USB togehther because it can destroy your device... Thank You

4. Bluegizmo83

Bluegizmo83 New Member

Does anyone know how many colors the screen on the Ravage230 can display? Does it support 2-bit (4 colors), 4-bit (16 colors), 8-bit (256 colors), or full 32-bit (4 million colors)? I know we can't modify the colors yet in the firmware, but I'm just curious what it supports for the future.

5. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

16-bit high color (RGB565).

Rusenich and Bluegizmo83 like this.
  6. Coyote

Coyote Member

You can connect USB with batteries in. It’s designed to balance charge them after all. Flashing can be done with the device off, on, doesn’t matter. Removing batteries and connecting with + pressed puts the device in LDROM mode for firmware recovery but it isn’t necessary unless it won’t boot because of a failed flash.

What you never ever want to do is insert or remove batteries while connected to USB. That can kill the device.

magaro likes this.
  7. magaro

magaro New Member

Thank you for this information - now i can update my device without stomachache - i hope my ordered ravage230 will arrive next week and i will report - by the way - my pico duals have an increase in battery runtime of about 30 percent - unbeleavable

8. Jerryn

Jerryn Member

I have noticed sometimes what happens is that I power off my Ravage (5 clicks), then after some time when I want to power it up again, it doesn't turn on.. Screen is black and nothing happens.. (no Red Panda with version splash screen) then I have to click the Stealth button and 5 clicks again and it finally turns on. I know that it's not much info, but it's hard to replicate. I don't normally use stealth, so when I power it down, the stealth is off. It's not a big deal, but the first time it scared me off a bit (after having one device dead after batteries popped out while connected to USB), but I would like to know if it happens only to me, or somebody else has this issue aswell.

9. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    It is known issue, try to click a bit slower.
    The problem is in display, its init procedure take a lot of time, so the box on awake may miss first click, especially if they are short and rapid.
    On your example, when you press Stealth button, box will awake (even display still black) and will count next 5 Fire button clicks correctly, if they will follow within 0,5 sec from first Stealth click.
    Also, if you assigned On/Off to 5 clicks and do not want to change habits, just click Fire until box starts, it may happen on 5th or 6th click depending on clicks frequency.

Jerryn and Bluegizmo83 like this.
  10. Jerryn

Jerryn Member

Thanks for nice explanation :) I think I tried clicking the fire button more than five times, but I am not sure, I will try that next time it happens.

maelstrom2001 likes this.
  11. magaro

magaro New Member

IMG_3386.JPG
    works like a charm - thank you all for support - such a great Developer Team!!!

sacha59 and maelstrom2001 like this.
  12. happen

happen New Member

Hi,

thanx for the gift of RedPanda, I´m very happy with it!

Just one question: There is a disceprancy between live Res. and the resistance shown in the upper left corner. Live Res. is correct as I´m using .5Ohm coils. I´m using the latest build

How can I fix it?

Attached Files:

13. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    Assign "Re-Read Resistance" action on multi click or shortcut and call it after you screw atomizer on. Or set Main Menu -> Settings -> Advanced -> R. Coil = On (also can be found in NToolbox Configuration at Screen -> Settings -> Last Resistance Style)

happen likes this.
  14. happen

happen New Member

Thanx a lot for your fast reply!
    Aha! Now I´ve got it! The upper left column is showing the resistance when I´m firing when R.coil is switched on. Nice feature, I´ll leave it switched on, also tried in switched off mode: after firing it displays the same value as live res.... works!

15. lounik

lounik New Member

Once again I want to say a big thank you for the wonderful work you have done.
    I use arctic fox at all my mods but it took me 3 years to get a device that gets red panda.

At ravege 230 sometimes but not always, after deep sleep (3 min) with the first press of the fire I get the message “atomizes not found” for half a sec to detect coil ohm and I have to press the fire again. After that everything works as it should.
    Is there any adjustment I can make or is it a hardware issue?

maelstrom2001 likes this.
  16. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Hello!
    I never has this issue with Ravage, but Cuboid Lite always lost atomizer on deep sleep. If you are using some old firmware, try to update it to the recent nightly (200713), fix for this issue was implemented starting from 191004.