Wismec RX Gen3

Discussion in 'Issues' started by Mykola, Mar 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Mykola

Mykola New Member

Hello. I am using my RX Gen3 primarily in temperature control mode. Resistance of my coils are 0.080 ohms.

The problem is I can’t set max wattage higher than 136W. If I manually set coil resistance to higher value I also will be able to set higher wattage. Is there a solution ?

#1 Mykola, Mar 11, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  2. SEEKNDESTROY

SEEKNDESTROY Member

That's the mod protecting itself from stupid people doing stupid things like, trying to draw 40+ Amps... There are no 18650's on the market that can handle more than 30 Amps and even that is pushing it. Do yourself a favor and read up on battery safety and Ohm's law and make sure you use the right batteries for your build. I'm sure you don't want to be that 'Guy' on the news that had his mod vent/explode.
    Here are some good sources
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/18650-battery-ratings-table.7447/
    https://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.html

Attached Files:

3. Mykola

Mykola New Member

Thank you for fast reply, but I still don’t understand why manufacturer claims 300W max power

4. SEEKNDESTROY

SEEKNDESTROY Member

Maximum output voltage of the rx gen 3 is 9 Volts. Let's assume for a second that you have batteries with a 30 Amp continuous discharge rating , the max wattage the mod will give you is 270 watts with the coils resistance of 0.30 Ohm's. You have to have the right RDA or RTA, airflow, build and wicking technique to be able to safely vape at 270 watts without dry hits and without burning your throat. Just because a mode gives you 100+ watts, that doesn't mean you have to crank it up that high. I run a 0.7 Ohm single coil build at 38 watts with plenty of vapor production for my personal preference. Follow Ohm's law, battery safety and know the limitation of your mod if you want to get in to custom builds. I've given you the resources, what you do with 'em is up to you.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

slavyk and maelstrom2001 like this.
  5. Mykola

Mykola New Member

I think you don’t fully understand the situation. I use only thermo control mode and I have coils with very big thermal mass which makes ramp up time very long on 136 watts. I only need 160-170 watts to heat coils to working temperature.
    BTW: resistance of my coils is 0.08 Ω

6. SEEKNDESTROY

SEEKNDESTROY Member

It's not possible with your current coils resistant. Because...
    1. You are restricted by the device's built in protection.
    2. You need 18650 batteries with a 45 Amp continuous discharge rating at 160 watts. Those batteries don't exist.
    Solution if you really need to use 170 watts...
    1. Build a build no lower than 0.2 Ohm's (Simple 316L SS clapton coils work in temp control)
    2. Use batteries with a 25-30 Amp continuous discharge rating. Don't go by what it says on the wrap, refer to the resources I provided.
    I'm done trying to drive a round peg in a square hole. I've been vaping for many years and been working for a vape shop for over 5 years. We don't sell any RDA's, RDTA's, RTA's to customers that have no understanding of Ohm's law, battery safety and don't know how to build a safe build for their setup for a reason. We don't want to see people on the news with vape related injuries and blaming it on the device just because they're too ashamed to admit that it was their fault, because they refused to listen. By all means, blow your hands off, knock your teeth out or burn your body but at least be honest why it happened and don't blame the device or the vape industry.

slavyk and maelstrom2001 like this.