Wismec sinuous p80 screen issue

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by 2rusty3, Mar 24, 2018.

1. 2rusty3

2rusty3 New Member

Hi guys. I don't know if I've put this post in the right sub forum so apologies in advance. I don't know if you guys can help but the screen on my wismec sinuous p80 does not turn on. The mod still works and when I broadcast screen shooter in nfe tools it displays the screen there, but the screen on the mod still doesn't turn on.

I feel this is the same issue as the rx2/3 and rx300 screen issues. I have purchased it about a month ago in an attempt to quit smoking and start vaping. I can still use the device but no screen is kind of annoying and I would like to fix it.

Just thought id post it on here to see if you guys have ever encountered the same problem.

On the other hand, as soon as I received it I flashed Arctic fox and it runs like a dream bar the blank screen issue.

I can post a video or even a photo detailing the issue.

Cheers
    Justin

2. 2rusty3

2rusty3 New Member

Ok so that's a little weird. I plugged it into charge and the screen lit up! But I've just tried it again with it still plugged into charge and the screen didn't light up again.

I might try flashing stock firmware just to confirm its still working and that its not an intermittent fault.

I see this as an opportunity to get another small mod for a backup. Looking closely at the primo se

3. X-R4Y

X-R4Y Active Member

What happens if you push the fire-button only shortly? Will the display backup? Maybe you have stealth enabled, does the screen turn on if you insert a battery and then turns dark?

4. 2rusty3

2rusty3 New Member

Before this issue occured the screen would scramble, but a simple on off cycle would fix the issue. With a battery inserted, the screen would power up again, taking the tank off the 510 connector would also rectify the situation.

I have quickly flicked through the pages of this sub forum and found a few other ppl having issues with their screens. I will adjust the brightness to a much lower level to see if that fixed the problem.

Other than that the sinuous is a really good sturdy little unit. Thanks

5. 2rusty3

2rusty3 New Member

So I think I figured out the issue. Screen works when the temp on the display is under 32degC. Board temp once it goes to 33degC it starts glitching, leading me to believe it's a temperature issue. Any ideas of how to fix it?

6. Jolleen7

Jolleen7 New Member

I have a similar problem with mine the display if i press it once the display shows up but if i press it to fire up the display disappears if i turn the mod off and back on the display shows up but then goes off when u go to vape is there anything i can do to get my display back many thanks

7. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

Turn Stealth Mode off.

8. Sashidar

Sashidar New Member

Thank you so much guys!! I had no idea "stelth mod" even exists, i was so sure that is battery/connections issue and was about to start desparate fixing and opening box attemts
    You save my day !!!!
    (I specifically registered here just to say this, thats how happy Im
    God bless you ;)

9. maelstrom2001

maelstrom2001 Developer
    NFE Team

How many blissful revelations
    The spirit of enlightment hides!
    And then experience born of lapses
    And genius antinomy-wise
    And chance, the heavenly inventor...

(с)